Gardner Vaughan Group, the developer behind Monterey at Kangaroo Point has lodged a development application for a ten storey mixed-use development located at 1175 Sandgate Rd, Nundah.
The development consists of 49 residential apartments, 568m² of office space as well as two ground floor retail tenancies.
Known as ‘Danby Lane’ in application documents due to its positioning next to Danby Laneway, the project design managers are the Gardner Vaughan Group.
The building’s design features a unique brick arch podium facade that wraps around from Sandgate Road to Buckland Road.
Additionally, a public art wall mural is proposed for the eastern structure which fronts Danby Lane.
A recreation area is planned for level 1, which features a lap pool, bbq area and gym. A rooftop terrace with bbq and seating areas is planned for level 10.
- Site Area: 1,364m²
- Height: 11 storeys above ground / 40m
- Apartments: x19 one bedrooms, x8 two bedrooms, x16 three bedrooms, x6 four bedrooms (x49 apartments total)
- Lifts: x2 (lift ratio 1:24.5)
- Retail: x2 retail tenancies (106m² & 160m²)
- Office: 568m²
- Communal Space: Level 1 pool area and gym, level 10 bbq terrace.
- Car Parking: x135
- Bike Parking: x62
- Developer: Gardner Vaughan Group
- Design Manager: Gardner Vaughan Group
- Town Planner: Urban Strategies
- Sustainability: Deep planting of 79m² (5.8%) and total outdoor landscape areas of 551.6m². Rainwater storage zones. There is no provision for rooftop solar PV system in the application.
Above the brick arch podium, residential levels 3 through to 8 are given a notably different articulated vertical built form that clearly distinguishes the tower from preceding levels.
PlansAtt 2 - Design Plans - Part 1
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005980915.