Kenlynn Development Corporation has submitted a development application for a 15-storey residential tower located at 112‐130 Lambert Street, Kangaroo Point.
Designed by Ellivo, the tower comprises of 2 variations of the floor plates including 11 levels with 3 x 2 bedroom dwellings and 3 levels with 1 x 2 bedroom dwelling and 1 x 3 bedroom dwelling, with 39 apartments in total.
According to the development application, the apartments themselves are generous in size (minimum floor area 85m2) and results in open planned living spaces that are primarily oriented away from the adjoining property located at 140 Lambert Street.
A 339m2 rooftop communal space is proposed which includes a pool, gym, outdoor yoga workout space as well as lounge pods, cooking stations and gardens.
“The proposed design philosophy has a strong focus on responding to the ‘buildings that breathe’ principals including orientation, street activation, outdoor spaces, greenery, ventilation and shade.
Whilst there are expanses of glazing in the façade, the overall mass is broken up with balcony insets, slab extensions and greenery.” – Ellivo
On the ground level, a work from home meeting area is proposed as well as end of trip facilities which would feature lockers as well as a dog wash bay.
- Site Area: 1,210m²
- Height: 14 storeys + rooftop / 70.85m
- Apartments: x22 two bedroom apartments, x11 two bed + MPR apartments, x3 two bed + study apartments, x3 three bed + MPR apartments (x39 apartments total).
- Lifts: x2 lifts (lift-ratio 1:19.5)
- Retail: No ground floor retail
- Communal Space: 339m2 rooftop communal space
- Car Parking: x54 spaces
- Bike Parking: x49 spaces
- Developer: Kenlynn Development Corporation
- Architect: Ellivo Architects
- Landscape Architect: 360 Degrees Landscape Architects
- Town Planner: Allan Van Planning
- Sustainability: Significant subtropical landscaping throughout. No provision for rooftop solar PV system.
In 2014, Kenlynn Development Corporation refurbished the boutique hotel into ‘The Inchcolm by Ovolo’.
PlansProposed Plans (9)
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005981052.