A development application has been submitted for the extension of Cloudland to create a new rooftop bar and micro-brewery.
Proposed by the Katarzyna Group, the planned rooftop bar is a 814m2 space which would include a micro-brewery, bar and covered outdoor area.
The microbrewery will be contained within an enclosed space in the south east portion of the roof and include associated spaces including a kitchen, washroom, storage area, amenities and lift lobby.
The rooftop design includes a mix of materials, building elements, including concave forms within the facade to Ann Street (seating areas within the rooftop), and landscaping.
To facilitate the extension, the following works are also proposed:
- Internal demolition work to facilitate the reconfiguration of the stairs and extension of the lift core.
- New stairs from the third level to the roof top bar.
- Internal building work to accommodate bathrooms on the third level.
- New building slab to replace the existing roof over the void. Between the new slab and the rooftop above (space created as a consequence of providing stair access to the roof) the development is proposed to accommodate a storage room.
- Air conditioning plant accommodated on the roof of the new bar
According to the development application, the proposed rooftop represents a high quality architectural design that includes a mix of materials, building elements and landscaping that creates visual interest in the streetscape.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Planning & Development Online is A005592231.
Apart from the noise, I hope there won’t be a sickly yeasty odour for local residents, my son has an apartment nearby.
Very cool new addition to the heart of the Valley. Bring it on!
I do not think rooftop bars are suitable for the peace and quality of living for nearby residents. Particularly in such a high density residential area as Newstead 4006. Despite best efforts noise will be amplified by the canyon style streets being created by the dense apartment buildings being built in Newstead.