A development application has been submitted by Silverstone for the construction of a 12-storey health care services building located at 10 Edmondstone Street, South Brisbane.
Designed by Mode architecture, the project would accommodate a total of 9,385m2 of gross floor area.
The $150 million building also includes a 309m2 rooftop terrace recreation area on level 13 as well as end of trip cycling facilities featuring 48 bicycles, 96 lockers and 7 showers which is a requirement by Council.
According to the development application, the tower is enveloped by 2m high vision glazing throughout to maximise daylighting deep into the tenancy spaces.
- Advertisement -
The tower’s podium mesh screens will be integrated with landscaped balconies and planting in order to create a green base to the tower.
Creative lighting will also be used via illuminated building elements to achieve a pleasing presence that enhances the Edmondstone Streetscape.
- Site Area: 1,823m2
- GFA: 9,385m2
- Height: 12-storeys / 67.7m
- Lifts: x3
- Retail: x1 64m2 ground floor cafe
- Communal Space: Ground floor waiting lounge as well as a 309m2 rooftop terrace recreation area
- Car Parking: 1 level of basement parking + 3 levels of podium parking (total 140 car spaces).
- Bike Parking: x48 bicycle spaces
- Landscape Design: Dunn Moran Landscape Architects
- Sustainability: The development includes a provision for a rooftop solar array system which would provide power to offset common area power consumption as well as rainwater capture.
In May last year, Silverstone proposed a similar Medical Services development for 525 Boundary Street, Spring Hill.
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005899314.