A development application has been submitted by Silverstone Developments for the construction of a ten storey building housing medical suites located at 525 Boundary Street, Spring Hill.
According to PDT Architects, the proposals design intent is to be honest to the surrounding locality, by splitting the building visually, giving transparency to the segmented and articulated fabric which has been engaged to respond to an evolving context, channelling both the past and future.
The development application states that retail tenancies and an open pedestrian entrance along Boundary Street are planned to assist in providing activation at various times of the day.
Opportunities for activation along Torrington Street are limited due to the existing commercial character building and the location of vehicle entry to the site, “however the proposal shall still provide a quality architectural and landscape outcome”.
A rooftop terrace is planned for the rooftop on level ten.
- 10 storeys comprised of 1 level of semi-basement carpark
- 3 podium levels made up of retail and commercial space fronting Boundary Street and architecturally screened carparking,
- 6 levels of tower above, comprised of one level of screened carparking
- 5 levels of medical suites, with a typical floor space of 964sqm
- A rooftop area including a plant room and open communal terrace of around 169sqm.
- Site access via 2 vehicle crossovers to Torrington Street – 1 leading into the carparking levels and 1 exclusively for the servicing area in the lower basement
- Main pedestrian entrance via boundary street leading in to a communal foyer
- Total GFA of 5,484sqm
- Tower Site Cover of 62.9%
- Total of 149 car spaces including 4 PWD spaces, plus4 service vehicle bays
According to the development application, the building is classed as ‘health care service’.
The use of premises for medical purposes, paramedical purposes, alternative health therapies or general health care, if overnight accommodation is not provided on the premises.
The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s planning & development online is A005451709.