A development application has been submitted by Constance50 Pty Ltd for a 31-storey Build-to-Rent (BTR) development located at 50 Constance Street, Fortitude Valley.
While mostly a BTR development project, the tower also includes 1,700m2 of commercial office space, 619m2 of ground floor retail and 872m2 for indoor sport and recreation, with the indoor sport and recreation space providing 24-hour access to residents and also external customers.
Designed by BVN, the building would accommodate 327 apartments comprising 50 studio units, 128 one-bedroom units, 75 two-bedroom units, and 74 three-bedroom units. According to the development application this mix directly supports housing choice and diversity.
The project features a unique white perforated, light reflective facade which runs up the entirety of the tower.
- Advertisement -
“The curved sculptural tower form, coupled with fluted façade, bespoke window shading and subtropical landscaping creates a decorative, yet dynamic street presence, promoting natural ventilation and lighting.” – BVN
Level 04 contains a variety of residential amenities, including a gym, lounge area, ‘Work From Home’ recreation zone and the residential management office. The consolidation of these services on this level ensures residents have ease of access to services.
- Site Area: 2,781m2
- GFA: 40,135m2
- Height: 31-storeys / 112m
- Apartments: 128 x one-bedroom apartments, 75 x two-bedroom apartments, 74 x three-bedroom apartments, 50 x studio apartments. Total apartments = 327
- Elevators: x4 elevators for residential tower (lift-to-unit ratio of 1:82).
- Retail: 619m2 of ground floor retail across three retail tenancies
- Communal Space: 1,676m2, comprising: 908m2 communal outdoor space and 768m2 of rooftop communal recreational area.
- Car Parking: 414 car parking spaces
- Bike Parking: 457
- Developer: Constance5 PTY LTD
- Architect: BVN
- Landscape Design: Lat Studio
- Town Planner: Urbis
- Sustainability: Significant sustainability initiatives. Deep plantings and gardens throughout development. A large rooftop solar PV array is proposed for common area energy consumption. Rainwater harvesting and large active transport component with commercial grade end of trip facilities. The building would include 5 star WELL rated fittings and fixtures and green concrete to the core.
- Date Submitted: 8/12/2022
The rooftop space includes a bar and games room, pool and sun deck, dining room and kitchen, and BBQ areas.
This application replaces a previously approved development application for a taller 132m 25-storey commercial tower.
The podium of the tower would feature dappled light and illuminated screenings at night with the roof to feature an illuminated crown and illuminated base.
- Advertisement -
This is one of a number of new built-to-rent towers being proposed in the Fortitude Valley and Newstead area.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006165119.