GPT Group has submitted a development application for a 26-storey commercial office tower located within the CBD’s golden triangle at 135 Eagle Street.
If approved, the tower would constitute the last available site within the Harry Seidler designed Riverside Centre precinct.
According to architects Cameron & Co and Cox, Seidler’s original master plan positioned the now heritage Riverside Centre amongst a group of three other towers, two of which were to the south (now Riparian Plaza, also by Harry Seidler and OneOneOne Eagle by Cox Architecture).
One tower, smaller in scale than the Riverside Centre, was proposed to the north within the same plaza precinct, with low-level built form spilling outward over the Brisbane River.
The proposed plan involves completing this original vision by replacing the low-level restaurants and bars with the new tower and retail plaza.
The commercial tower is shorter in nature and has a stepping down design to preserve the scale and minimise impact to the Riverside Centre.
Each floor of the tower would be framed by planter beds with the final level of the tower comprising of plant equipment, an extensive roof garden and drone landing pad.
A large outdoor terrace and garden is proposed for level six.
The lobby itself is designed to be experienced as a soaring and expansive space, generous and uncluttered, creating room to pause and breathe between the street and the office.
The lobby can be approached and entered from Eagle Street, Riverside Plaza or from the public walkway past new restaurants through to the adjoining 145 Eagle Street riverfront dining terraces.
Fronting the river at plaza level is a new array of restaurant spaces with outdoor dining terraces following the outline of the existing built form from the Seidler masterplan.
Above these restaurants, two levels of boutique-scaled office, conferencing and wellness space follow the free-form plan and create a riverfront workplace experience unparalleled in Brisbane.
This riverfront built form is capped by an open landscaped terrace, accessed directly from the first level of tower offices. – Cameron & Co and Cox
- Site Area: 13,627m2
- GFA: Office GFA: 35,073m2, total GFA: 38,548m2
- Height: 26 storeys
- Elevators: x10 elevators
- Retail: Retail/ dining GFA: 3,016m2
- Communal Space: 3,331.82m2 or 105% of the building footprint to be landscaped communal open space
- Car Parking: Car parking numbers will be reduced within the existing Riverside Centre basement to allow for the establishment of end of trip facilities and bike store areas.
- Bike Parking: 509
- Developer: GPT Group
- Architect: Cameron & Co and Cox
- Landscape Design: Aspect Studios
- Town Planner: Urbis
- Sustainability: Roof top PV arrays are proposed to capture renewable energy and are accompanied by back up battery storage. Rainwater harvesting is also proposed. The development is targeting 5.5 Star rating under the NABERS tool and 6 Star rating under the Greenstar Buildings pathway.
- Date Submitted: 01/12/2022
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006160274.