A development application has been submitted by Capricorn Asset Management Pty Ltd for a 44-storey commercial office tower located at 33 Herschel Street, Brisbane City.
The building would accommodate 15,090m2 of commercial GFA across 39 storeys from levels 4 to 41.
Designed by Bureau Proberts, the site’s 20 metre frontage gives the tower a slender 11.5 metre width.
A large 321m2 gym is proposed on level 3 which includes bike storage, repair and lockers.
According to the development application, the tower would transform the currently underutilised site, to establish tower at the northern gateway entrance into Brisbane’s CBD, which is designed commensurate to the site’s context, and which provides a “striking design outcome” for the site.
Additionally, the size and layout of the commercial offering facilitates contemporary and boutique tenancies which are designed in response to recent market trends and demand for office spaces.
“The podium is designed to be the prominent entry statement into the building, through a combination of large floor to ceiling heights above the lobby; and a mezzanine level which provides additional offerings overlooking the streetscape and lobby. The commercial and retail spaces are designed to cater for a range of tenants to provide the CBD with a variety of businesses and professional services.” – Urbis
- Site Area: 583.31m2 (64.03% of site area)
- GFA: 18,488.38m2, comprising x15,090.13m² commercial space, x3,398.25m2 EOT/Gym/Store/Amenities.
- Height: 44 storeys / RL 186.3m
- Elevators: x3 elevators
- Retail: Retail space in podium levels
- Communal Space: A five storey podium (including a mezzanine) which includes an activated ground floor and mezzanine, through various retail and dining offers, with the above levels of the podium providing additional retail opportunities and a gym
- Car Parking: x72 spaces, including two (2) PWD spaces, x5 motorbike spaces
- Bike Parking: x145 spaces, comprising x100 staff spaces, x45 visitor spaces
- Developer: Capricorn Asset Management Pty Ltd
- Architect: Bureau Proberts
- Landscape Design: Urbis
- Town Planner: Urbis
- Sustainability: Edge planters on the side of the building. No rooftop solar PV system. No rainwater harvesting.
- Date Submitted: 13/12/2022
PlansApp A - Proposed Plans
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006169158.