A development application has been submitted by Marquette Properties for the construction of a eight storey Annex building located adjacent to the Gold Tower at 10 Eagle Street, Brisbane CBD.
Designed by Cavill Architects, the proposal involves replacing the existing ancillary annex structure with a contemporary low-scale development which would provide 5,710m2 of commercial space as well as retail tenancies and public realm upgrades.
The design of the Annex building seeks to compliment the modernism displayed in the Gold Tower building. The design mirrors the gold facade colour of the parent tower and features curved edge profiles, clear and reflecting glazing.
The development also includes a new two storey retail tenancy situated on the northern corner of the site as well as two smaller retail tenancies along Market Street.
- Advertisement -
- Site Area: 3477m2
- GFA: Annex – 5,710m2, Gold Tower extension – 992m2 (total 6,702m²)
- Height: Annex building height – 8 storeys (42.47m AHD at rooftop)
- Elevators: x2 elevators
- Retail: A new 595m2 two storey retail tenancy planned for north of the site as well as a 62m2 tenancy on the Market Street side. Another tenancy is located under the Annex building on Market Street however this appears to be connected to the building’s end-of-trip facilities
- Communal Space: No communal space planned apart from ground level landscaping
- Car Parking: Existing Car Parking Total = 247 spaces. Proposed Car Parking Total = 235 spaces. Difference = Net decrease of 12 car parking spaces
- Bike Parking: 51 (Annex EOT)
- Developer: Marquette Properties
- Architect: Cavill Architects
- Landscape Design: LatStudios
- Town Planner: Urbis
- Sustainability: Minimal sustainability initiatives. The proposal does incorporate some landscape integration throughout the site including rooftop plantings. There is no planned rooftop solar PV system or rainwater harvesting.
- Date Submitted: 22/12/2022
The building is located across the road from Dexus’ Brisbane Waterfront development which would see two new commercial towers built with ground level retail as well as widening the riverfront promenade.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006181168.