A development application has been submitted for the final stage of Sekisui House’s West Village development.
The application follows the January lodgement of tower’s 4 & 5a, known as Allere which both also front Mollison Street.
This 15-storey residential tower proposal is known as ‘Callista on Park’ and would accommodate 74 apartments as well as a new podium level Childcare Centre.
Designed by fjmtstudio, the project includes a rooftop recreation deck featuring a large open air conservatory section housing kitchens and dining as well as city rooms.
Additionally, the rooftop comprises of a pool, spas, day beds, sauna, wellness studios and green landscaping throughout.
“The roof terrace is a series of generous lush gardens with break out spaces, an infinity pool edge and outdoor rooms nestled into the landscape. The iconic open air conservatory with a rich planting palette crowns the top of an unified architectural form.
The open air conservatory on the northern edge crowns the top of the vertical greenery with filtered light through a sculptural roof canopy, that is set back 3m from the edges. A sophisticated and considered selection of plants celebrates the Queensland’s subtropical climate and biodiversity.” – fjmtstudio
There are also two residential recreation spaces proposed for the level 1 podium.
This building is shorter in nature to the neighbouring towers 4 & 5a with fjmtstudio choosing a warmer and earthy palette to celebrate the heritage buildings of the West Village precinct.
- Site Area: 2.589ha
- Height: 15 storeys / 64.2m
- Apartments: 74 apartments
- Lifts: x2 lifts. Lift-to-unit ratio of 1:37
- Retail: Existing ground floor retail, however an addition of a 1,192m2 childcare centre
- Communal Space: Rooftop recreation including pool, spas, day beds, sauna, wellness studios and green landscaping throughout.
- Car Parking: 178 residential component car parks
- Bike Parking: The proposed development makes provision for 74 residential bicycle parking spaces and 19 visitor bike parks within the basement car park
- Developer: Sekisui House
- Architect: fjmtstudio
- Landscape Design: RPS Group
- Town Planner: Land Partners
- Sustainability: Deep planting on balconies and rooftop recreation deck. Plans indicate a rooftop solar PV system is proposed. The proposal will harvest rainwater and recycled greywater for irrigation of planting. Efficient fittings will be provided to reduce water consumption. West Village is a Six Star Green Star Community (Green Building Council Australia).
- Date Submitted: 30/9/2022
In January this year, Centuria secured the West Village retail precinct for $202 million in an off-market acquisition. Centuria are co-investing with Singaporean sovereign wealth fund GIC.
Construction of West Village’s ‘The Greenhouse’, a Blight Rayner designed commercial building featuring a Japanese inspired lobby is nearing completion.
This final development application signifies the conclusion of the fully envisaged masterplan development by Sekisui House for West Village in West End.
Tell us what you think about this application below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s developmenti online platform is A006116369.