Sekisui House has submitted a development application for an eight-storey commercial building within the West Village precinct which is to be known as ‘Greenhouse’.
Designed by Blight Rayner, the building is situated behind the heritage Peter’s Ice Cream Factory building and will create new connections through publically accessible 24-hour arcade links.
According to Blight Rayner, the building has been designed to integrate and complement the heritage building, with the creation of a new ground-level plaza as an interface between the two buildings.
“Greenhouse captures the essence of subtropical Brisbane, through its organic approach to
form, composition and spatial relationships, all integrated with the surrounding landscape.” – Development application.
- Advertisement -
- Gross floor area (GFA): 7,121m2 (including retail GFA)
- Ground floor retail: 610m2
- Height: 8 levels / RL 49.2m
- Car parking: 56 car space allocation
- Energy rating: The proposed development will aim to achieve a 5 star NABERS energy rating
- According to landscape architect RPS Group, podium level 2 & 3 will set a new benchmark for commercial working. Collaboration areas will reflect a resort-like lifestyle that floats above the ground while sitting underneath a lush canopy layer. “These floating areas will sit above Mollison Lane allowing for passive surveillance and ideal for people watching” – RPS Group.
West Village is a mixed-use master-planned development in West End comprising of residential apartment buildings, a retail shopping centre, food and dining as well as commercial.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Planning & Development Online is A005504829.