A development application has been submitted by Sekisui House for the construction of two 20-storey residential towers known as ‘tower 4’ and ‘tower 5a’ of the West Village development in West End.
Tower 4, which would be built above Goodlife West Village (35 Mollison Street, West End), would accommodate x110 apartments and has a ‘bold & exotic’ design approach.
According to the architect, Rothelowman, tower 4’s subtropical nature is projected outwardly through the generous verandas to the north and south and are complemented by a folded language with integrated landscaping to terraces on upper levels.
Tower 5a, which accommodates x95 apartments has been designed to be ‘vertical and elegant’ and features a distinctive sculptured tectonic wall.
“Each dwelling is planned with its own identify and is conceived as part of the greater whole. A hierarchy of spaces or rooms are established from front to back of the floor plate and utilise the wall as an organising device.” – Rothelowman.
Both towers feature rooftop recreation decks which include pools, gardens and bbq spaces. Building 5a’s rooftop will also include a dog off-leash area.
According to the development application, the towers will be staged with Tower 5a to be built first, followed by Tower 4.
Tower 5a includes two levels of commercial space.
- Site Area: 2.589ha
- Height: Tower 4 – x20 storeys / RL 73.75m. Tower 5A – x20 storeys / RL 74.45m
- Apartments: Tower 4 – x22 one bedrooms, x70 two bedrooms, x8 three bedrooms, x8 four bedrooms, x2 skyhomes (x110 apartments total). Tower 5A – x22 one bedrooms, x54 two bedrooms, x14 three bedrooms, x3 four bedrooms, x2 skyhomes (x95 apartments total).
- Lifts: x2 in each tower
- Retail: Ground level retail already built.
- Communal Space: 2,215m2 communal open space
- Car Parking: x272 spaces total
- Bike Parking: x257 spaces total
- Architect: Rothelowman
- Landscape Design: RPS Group
- Town Planner: Land Partners
- Sustainability: Subtropical buildings that breathe design features. There is no provision for rooftop solar.
This application is the second last development proposed for the broader West Village masterplan, with the last remaining tower site located to the right of Tower 4.
Last week it was announced that Centuria Capital Group has purchased the 16,560sqm West Village retail component for $202 million in an off-market purchase.
The deal is a three-stage transaction with future retail stages to be acquired by Centuria as they are completed.
PlansApp D - Proposed Plans (1)
Tell us what you think about this development application below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005883951.