A development application has been submitted by Libbit Holdings Pty Ltd & RAAB Pty Ltd for an 18 storey residential-led tower located at 9 Overend Street and 31-33 Wellington Road, East Brisbane.
Designed by Rothelowman, the stepped tower design includes 181 apartments as well as a provision for ‘activity-generating creative space’ within three ground floor retail tenancies ranging from 60m2 to 210m2, designed for small businesses needing local space.
Creation of ‘maker’ creative and tech studios, that fulfill a need for small-scale workshops for economic activity, available to small businesses who do not want to be displaced in the regeneration of the Woolloongabba area. – Development Application
A double-height laneway running from Wellington Road to Overend Street is proposed through the development which will include landscaping as well as street furniture.
- Advertisement -
A significant bicycle centre is proposed on level 2 as well as a provision for outdoor ‘work from home space’.
- Site area: 2,671m2
- Height: Stepped building height for the proposed development, varying between 14 storeys and 18 storeys / RL69.05m.
- Apartments: x174 residential apartments are accommodated at levels, 2 – 18, including
– 54 x 1 bedroom apartments, 100 x 2 bedroom apartments, 20 x 3 bedroom apartments.
- A community garden for the residents is located on the lower roof terrace.
- The development’s primary communal open space is provided on the upper roof terrace (Level 18) and includes a dining area with BBQ facilities, pool, spa, deck and landscaped outdoor terrace.
- Car Parking: The development includes three basement levels, including 206 car parking spaces and 3 motorcycle spaces, fire stairway, elevator and other mechanical and service facilities.
- Bicycle Parking: x181 bicycle spaces for residents (provided on Level 1), x46 bicycle spaces for visitors (provided on Ground Level).
- Landscape design by ASPECT Studios.
There is also a provision for a solar panel array located above the mid roof terrace.
PlansApp C - Proposed Plans
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005828787.