Mosaic Property Group has submitted a development application for an 8-storey residential development located at 89 Lytton Road, East Brisbane.
The development has been designed by DKO Architecture and comprises of 81 apartments across seven habitable levels.
The ground floor consists of two retail tenancies as well as a residential gym and wellness centre and community use space.
According to the development application, the building’s design has been inspired by Mowbray Park’s Moreton Bay Fig trees with sculptured columns that anchor the building and provide a unique identity to the public interface.
- Advertisement -
“The form along Lytton Road is broken up into four smaller towers through a break in the middle and 2 large slots to each end.”
“These four elements fold in the vertical and horizontal plane, creating a sense of movement in the facade. The
solid balustrades provide protection and privacy from Lytton Road.” – DKO Architecture
The site has three street frontages, Heidelberg and Northcote Streets as well as Lytton Road.
- Site Area: 2,653m²
- Height: 8 storeys / 40m
- Apartments: x55 two bedroom apartments, x26 three bedroom apartments (x81 residential apartments total)
- Lifts: x2 lifts. Lift-to-apartment ratio is 1:40.5
- Retail: Ground level shop (171m2) and food & drink outlet (62m2) plus residential gym / wellness centre and community use space
- Communal Space: 394m² rooftop communal open space including a pool, poolside seating, BBQ and outdoor dining area, amenities, and shaded seating area with sunken lounge
- Car Parking: Two basement levels of residential parking, comprising 164 spaces. Partial ground level visitor parking comprising 21 spaces, and retail parking comprising 16 spaces
- Bike Parking: Bicycle parking comprising 81 resident spaces and 21 visitor spaces
- Developer: Mosaic Property Group
- Architect: DKO Architecture
- Landscape Design: Wild Studio
- Town Planner: DTS Group
- Sustainability: 11% deep planting including a substantial buffer along the full length of the southern boundary. No provision for rooftop solar PV system.
- Date Submitted: Initially submitted 28th of March 2022. Updated plans submitted 6th of June, 2022.
The site currently accommodates a one level commercial building which comprises of various tenancies with accompanying carpark areas.
- Advertisement -
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005978489.