A development application has been submitted by Hamilton Property Developments for a boutique 16-apartment step designed residential development located at 336 Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton.
Designed by Plus Architecture, the development site is a former quarry and would feature a prominent step down design.
Although technically the project has seven levels in total, the building’s cascading design which is built into the former quarry means that the building presents as two storeys high.
According to the development application, the stepped built form nature of the project results in the form recessing from the street, reducing the building mass and providing large outdoor spaces for resident amenity and subtropical living.
Apartments are provided with balconies ranging between 11m2 – 116m2 and minimum dimension of 3.5m.
- Site Area: 1,516m2
- Height: 2 – 6 storeys / 27.95m AHD
- Apartments: 1 x one bedroom apartment, 5 x two bedroom apartments, 7 x three bedroom apartments, 3 x four bedroom apartments (x16 apartments total)
- Lifts: x1 lift, lift-to-apartment ratio 1:16.
- Retail: No retail proposed
- Communal Space: 133m2 of communal open space is provided on the Lower Ground Level, comprising a combination of indoor and outdoor spaces to meet the recreational needs of residents.
- Car Parking: 42 car spaces (38 x residential car parks, 4 x visitor car parks). Car parking is provided in two levels (partially below and partially above ground level due to the topography of the site).
- Bike Parking: x9 bike racks including x4 visitor racks
- Developer: Hamilton Property Developments Pty Ltd
- Architect: Plus Architecture
- Landscape Design: Dunn Moran Landscape Architects
- Town Planner: Mewing Planning Consultants
- Sustainability: Provision of 219m2 of deep planting (14.4%) is located along the Kingsford Smith Drive frontage and Quarry Street frontage and to the western side boundary. Layered living greenery onto the terraced built form on all facades. No provision for rooftop solar PV system.
- Date Submitted: 26th June, 2022
The site currently houses a three storey multiple dwelling comprising six apartments, constructed post-1946, and two crossovers to Kingsford Smith Drive
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006047163.