A development application has been submitted by HamBros Pty Ltd for a 27-storey mixed-use development located at 74 Charlotte Street and 89 Bay Terrace, Wynnum.
Known in the application as ‘Ora’, the project would be built behind the existing ‘Wynnum Shopping Centre’ and has been designed by Sarah Porter of Ivory Collective.
The project comprises of 275 one, two and three bedroom apartments as well as new retail and two levels of commercial space.
A full recreation level is planned for level 5 which includes a 528m2 restaurant and bar around a large pool terrace with wet deck, spa, sauna & steam rooms, private cabanas, cinema, bbqs, meeting rooms, wine rooms, gym and function rooms.
- Advertisement -
“Wynnum CBD area has been left behind with no development occurring in the last 20 years. Land owners and businesses are left to struggle with reduced returns and trading days (5 if lucky) and reduced trading hours”.
“Most small businesses in the area lose money early week due to lack of volume and fixed overheads and struggle to make ends meet on weekends. Our project is to design to put Wynnum CBD on the “open for business” Map”.
“This landmark development, with a construction cost estimated at $130m will have a huge financial and community positive impact on the Wynnum CBD and surrounding areas”.
– HamBros Pty Ltd vision.
The site sits within a ‘Major Centre Zone’ for Wynnum which allows for high density development. Detailed architectural rendering are still progressing and are currently shown as massing’s.
- Advertisement -
- Site area: 7,278m2
- Number of residential apartments: x54 one bedrooms, x148 two bedrooms, x67 three bedrooms, x6 penthouses (x275 apartments total)
- Building height: 26 levels + rooftop / 105m
- Commercial space: 4,624m2
- Retail space: 2,812m2
- Lifts: x4 lifts (lift-ratio 1:67)
- Communal space: 528m2 restaurant and bar around a large pool terrace with wet deck, spa, sauna & steam rooms, private cabanas, cinema, bbqs, meeting rooms, wine rooms, gym and function rooms
- Car parking: x463 car spaces in total
- Bicycle parking: x320 bike spaces
- Developer: HamBros Pty Ltd
- Architect: Ivory Collective
- Town Planner: Gateway Survey & Planning
- Sustainability: Deep planting proposed throughout. There is no planned provision for a rooftop solar PV system.
PlansProposed Plans Part-1
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006009368.