A development application has been submitted by Forme for the construction of a 5-storey residential apartment development located at 31 Doggett Street, Teneriffe.
The project has been designed by Richards and Spence, who are responsible for crafting the James Street precinct’s unique brutalist architectural identity.
“Richards and Spence has been critical to the ongoing evolution of the James Street Precinct through a series of independent projects including small infill commercial office spaces scattered throughout each sub-site and largely invisible to the casual visitor.”
“Each project shares common goals: the creation of a permeable ground plane of external spaces, enhancing the streetscape and contributing to a campus identity.” – Richards and Spence.
- Advertisement -
The proposal includes 551m2 of retail across four ground floor tenancies which is anticipated to accomodate a mix of shops, restaurants and cafes.
The adjoining Midvale Lane would be activated with the retail tenancies orientated towards the laneway.
- Site Area: 1,186m2
- GFA: 4,190m2
- Height: 6 storeys + rooftop / RL 38.85m
- Apartments: 22 apartments total. x2 one bedroom apartments x20 three bedroom apartments.
- Lifts: x2 lifts
- Retail: 659m2 of retail and dining floor area at ground level.
- Communal Space: Rooftop pool deck
- Car Parking: x59 carparks
- Bike Parking: x55 bicycle spaces
- Architect: Richards and Spence
- Landscape Design: Form
- Town Planner: Property Projects Australia
- Sustainability: Natural air and ventilation for residential lobbies. There is no provision for rooftop solar.
A rooftop common area is proposed on level 6 which would feature a 25×6.5m pool, lawn, garden, toilets and sun lounges.
A similar James Street subtropical-brutalist style commercial building has been proposed up the road at 75-85 James Street, Fortitude Valley.
Forme has recently consolidated the 2,600sqm proposed site over a six month period in 2020.
- Advertisement -
PlansApp B - Proposed Plans
Tell us what you think about this development application below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005911716.