Pellicano has submitted a development application for a boutique eight storey residential building located at 21 Duke Street, Kangaroo Point.
Designed by DBI Architecture, the project comprises of 86 apartments and short term accommodation dwellings as well as communal rooftop facilities.
Known as ‘Story House’ in the development application, the project is situated three houses away from the Gabba Stadium on the Vulture Street side.
According to DBI Architecture, significant landscape planting is proposed to be integrated into the building design, as well as deep planting areas on the ground floor, enhancing the public realm and reducing the bulk and scale of the development.
“The design includes warm, natural tones, textures and finishes to the building ‘base’, providing a more natural feel to the public realm and recollection of material tones historically in the area.
“The top section of the building responds to the current trends of the developing area, with a play on textured off white and grey finishes to break down the vertical layering of the building while emphasizing the sculptural articulation of the balcony form” – DBI
Due to the project’s immediate proximity next to the planned Brisbane Olympic Stadium which is to replace the existing Gabba Stadium, the project has included x32 studio apartments which are designed to be short term let.
The apartments located between level 1 to level 3 are proposed to be utilised as either short-term accommodation for less than 3 months or multiple dwellings, whilst all other remaining apartments on the levels above will be for multiple dwelling use only.
- Site Area: 1,416m2
- GFA: The development proposes a gross floor area of 6,146m².
- Height: 8 levels + rooftop level / RL 39.95m
- Apartments: x32 studio apartments, x21 1 bedroom apartments, x6 2 bed, 1 bath apartments, x27 2 bed, 2 bath apartments. x86 apartments total.
- Lifts: x2
- Communal Space: A total of 768m² of communal open space is proposed for residents, guests and visitors, which provides recreation facilities, including an outdoor gym, yoga lawn, BBQ’s, pool with deck and lounge terrace
- Car Parking: x2 levels of basement parking which accommodates x73 spaces
- Bike Parking: 54 spaces
- Landscape Design: RPS Group
- Sustainability: The development includes a provision for a rooftop solar array system which would provide power to common areas.
PlansAppendix B - Proposed Plans - Part 2
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005878209.
Subscribe to BrisbaneDevelopment.com here.
There is a apartment complex next door called century apartments. It is meters apart. This is very poor location design. There are much better locations that do not have other apartment blocks 3m away.