A development application has been submitted by Mirvac for stage 2 (buildings C and D) of the Brisbane Racing Club redevelopment.
The two new towers are located next to stage 1 of the racecourse redevelopment precinct with heights of 14 storeys for building C and 15 storeys for building D.
According to planners Urbis, the buildings comprises a podium and tower typology that represents a modern and sophisticated built form of the iconic ‘Queenslander’ style homes, which evokes a sense of nostalgia.
Each tower is raised above a two (2) storey podium that sits over a common basement comprising of two (2) levels.
The proposal provides extensive communal open space to support recreational activities of residents. The elevated tower form allows for increased visual connectivity from Lancaster Road to Nudgee Road and through to the Eagle Farm Racecourse.
Designed by Mirvac Design, the towers feature curved edges and have facade separation of the higher levels, giving the towers a slight Parisian shape and feel.
- Building Height: Building C – 14 storeys and RL62.09m to the top of the lift at the rooftop level (approx. 47.99m above ground level), Building D – 15 storeys and RL68.29m to the top of the lift at the rooftop level (approx. 54.19m above ground level).
- Apartments: Building C – x19 one bedrooms, x56 two bedrooms, x33 three bedrooms, x7 four bedrooms (x115 apartments in total). Building D – x24 one bedrooms, x68 two bedrooms, x43 three bedrooms, x6 four bedrooms (x141 apartments total).
- Car Parking: Building C – x262 car parking, Building D – x209 car parking spaces. x475 car parking spaces in total.
- Bicycle Parking: Building C – A total of 38 bicycle parking spaces are proposed. Building D – A total of 46 bicycle spaces are proposed. A total of 84 bicycle parking spaces proposed.
- Communal Space: The total communal open space provided is 4,710.1m2 or 28.65% of the site area proposed as communal open space. Building C Rooftop communal space: 546.2m2 (622m2 including planter box on slab edge). Building D Rooftop communal space: 443.6m2 (488.9m2 including planter box on slab edge). ‒ Ground level communal area: 3720.3m2
- Landscape Concept Design, prepared by Form Landscape Architects
According to the masterplan, a future development stage is planned by Mirvac to the right of tower D. There are an additional five buildings planned within the future development zone.
Landscape PlansLandscape Plans
Proposed PlansProposed Plans
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005794918.