Sunnybank’s popular restaurant precinct known as Market Square is getting a $40 million redevelopment which will see an additional 7,911 sqm of retail space and 304 car parking spaces.
The development application which has now been approved by the Brisbane City Council proposes a new four level structure with retail tenancies facing onto the corner of Mains Road and Mccullough Street as well as a second story expansion for building C indicated in the illustration below.
In recent years the Sunnybank shopping strip has become synonymous with late night trading and as a response has worked with council to ensure potential noise generating issues are rectified.
- Demolition of the existing Westpac building is expected to commence sometime in 2017.
- The project will be undertaken in three stages
- Likely 24-hour operation of new retail tenants
- Developed by Gum Hoy and Lai Ming Yuen Family Trust
- Designed by Interworks Architects
The DA number for this development is A004211817.