A development application has been proposed for the construction of a new mixed-use hotel and short term accommodation building under the brand of Wyndham Garden Suites.
Located at 24 & 30 Hartley Street and 30 & 32 McConnell Street, Spring Hill, the proposal is 13 storeys in height and will include a ground floor cafe, communal open space, fitness room and other non-residential activities.
Access to the short-term accommodation component is proposed via McConnell St with a porte-cochere entry.
Due to the topography of the site, the proposed design provides a basement and above ground car parking, with access from a single entry and exit point on Hartley Street.
- Advertisement -
Designed by HAL Architects, the proposed development provides communal open space areas for recreational uses on the ground and roof level of the development.
- Number of hotel rooms: 120
- Number of residential apartments: 14
- Building height: 13 storeys
- Basement & Sub-basement – 1 Basement and 3 levels: Car parking, Bicycle parking & Services
- Ground Floor & Ground Mezzanine: Lobby Area, Meeting room, Toilets, Pool, Fitness, Laundry, Temporary parking and service vehicles, Deep planting provisions, Dinning area, Office
- Levels 1-6: Hotel Accommodation – 114 x one (1) bedrooms & 6 x two (2) bedroom suites
- Levels 7-8: Multiple Dwelling (14 x units) – 7 x three (3) bedroom units per floor
- Roof Top: Communal Open space (hotel & units), spa and toilet facilities.
The design incorporates a pedestrian laneway linking Hartley st with McConnel st which were previously unconnected. A proposed cafe/restaurant will spill into this laneway creating opportunities for pedestrian activation and casual surveillance.
According to the development application, both the residential lobby and the hotel lobby are directly accessible from the laneway to further encourage foot traffic. The proposed laneway will incorporate a vertical garden, festoon lighting and a brick wall along the boundary to soften the pedestrian experience.
The development application number for this project is A005267629.