A minor change application has been proposed by Ardneh Developments Pty Ltd for a 16-storey commercial tower located at 11 Breakfast Creek Road, Newstead.
The new development application is comparable with the original approved development in terms of scale, however, the design update features changes to the building’s architectural facade, rooftop activation and the addition of 98 extra car parking spaces.
Architects Little Boat Projects and Batessmart have selected a distinctive red brick and red painted steel colour tone which gives the building a unique industrial feel, a nod to the area’s industrial past.
Additionally, the development is set to feature a new publicly accessible rooftop restaurant inspired by a garden conservatory with access via a public glass elevator.
A rooftop wellness centre is also planned which comprises of a 25 metre pool, yoga/wellness room as well as treatment rooms.
- Site Area: 3,254m2
- GFA: 29,517m2 of total GFA (including 28,958m2 of commercial Office GFA)
- Height: 16 storeys and RL 70.91m
- Lifts: x8 including x1 goods lift and x1 external glass lift for restaurant access
- Retail: x3 ground floor tenancies
- Communal Space: Rooftop recreation deck with pool, yoga room & treatment rooms. A publicly accessible garden conservatory restaurant is also planned
- Car Parking: x204 car parking spaces
- Bike Parking: x157 bicycle parking spaces within 3 basement levels
- Developer: Ardneh Developments Pty Ltd
- Architect: Little Boat Projects and Batessmart
- Landscape Design: Urbis
- Town Planner: Urbis
- Sustainability: Rooftop solar panels, deep planting throughout, high performance glazing. The building will achieve a 6-star Green Star Design and As-Built rating.
- Date Submitted: 30/8/2022
According to the development application, since the issuing of the existing development approval for the site, the ownership of the site has transferred and the new owner of the site is seeking to progress the redevelopment of the site.
“THE (RE)DESIGN OF THE BUILDING PROVIDES AN INNOVATIVE MIXED MODE FACADE THAT ENABLES A SENSE OF COMMUNITY AND CONNECTEDNESS TO PLACE AND TO THE BRISBANE CLIMATE AND LOCAL ENVIRONMENT.” – Development Application
The project includes three ground floor retail tenancies of various sizes as well as a drop off and pickup area in the basement.
PlansApp F - Proposed Plans
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006093998.