Kokoda Property has submitted a design change application to its 20 storey Obsidian residential development located at 19 McDougall Street, Milton.
This supersedes a previous development application which was approved back in May 2017.
Designed by Cottee Parker, the development includes 177 one, two and three bedroom apartments.
According to the development application, 19 McDougall Street’s design intent has been developed with a vernacular & sub-tropical conscious in mind.
The towers urban shell of fin and apron façade is proposed as the hero of the design; fluidity that is reflected in its organic environment & context.
- Conveys a strong architectural language rich in form and function. Sweeping curves, horizontal banding & purposeful positioned blades all assist in an expressive design response.
- Activated street edge despite its high flood tolerant level, this is achieved by creating an entry vestibule at ground level. There are also pockets of connections stretching across McDougall Street including the pedestrian bridge, view deck and lobby lounge.
- Maximise resident views to enjoy the eastern view corridor, while maintaining privacy through unit positioning and orientation of balconies. The towers position will adequately separate from its adjacent neighbours with the use of high-level opaque balustrades when necessary.
- Allow residents to enjoy Brisbane’s Subtropical climate, with deep awnings and sun blades, combined with planting elements to further soften the building.
- Provide high-quality recreational area, complemented with lush integrated landscape environments, BBQ areas, View bench, Cinema zone, Lawn covered terrace and quiet spaces.
The updated design no longer includes a rooftop pool which was originally planned in the previous design. There appears to be a small pool located off to the side, next to the manager’s apartment on ground level however it is not known if this is to be used by the building’s residents.
The development application number for this project is A004574920.