A development application has been submitted by Locale Apartments Pty Ltd to construct a 22-storey mixed-use tower located at 27-33 Railway Terrace, Milton.
The proposal comprises of ground level and basement retail as well as commercial tenancies, short-term accommodation rooms which are located within the podium of the tower.
A large rooftop communal open space is also proposed which includes a publicly accessible rooftop bar.
- A total of 143 x one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 66 x Short-term Accommodation rooms and 901 sqm of non-residential Gross Floor Area (GFA).
- 4 levels of basement car parking and a commercial/club tenancy in part of Basement level 1
- Ground level retail and commercial tenancies, and vehicle access, servicing and parking areas
- 3 podium levels shared between car parking and Short-term accommodation units
- 4 tower levels shared between Short-term accommodation units and residential units
- 12 levels of residential apartments
- Rooftop communal open space and a publicly accessible bar
- Car Parking 241 spaces total, including 199 resident spaces (including 6 motor bicycle spaces), 22 visitor spaces, 20 short-term accommodation
Bicycle Parking 229 spaces total, including 193 resident spaces, 36 visitor spaces
Designed by Kris Kowalski Architects, the mixed-use building has been designed with separate residential and hotel lobbies.
According to the development proposal, the inclusion of a bar at the rooftop level will bring a dynamic mix of uses to this space and complement the resident and guest-exclusive communal recreation areas.
The bar, which comprises a serving area, toilets, seating and an outdoor terrace, will be physically and functionally delineated from the resident-only communal recreation area and accessed by a separate lift. – Development Application
The proposed Short-term Accommodation units located at the podium levels of the development are akin to a typical serviced apartment and will be used for longer stays of up to 3 months – offering a choice of accommodation in addition to the hotel rooms.
The proposal includes ‘winter gardens’ to ensure that usable private open space is provided year-round, given its close proximity to the railway line.
The development is strategically located adjacent to the Milton Railway Station with unprecedented access to public transport, dining and retail precincts and key road networks into the CBD. The development is also set within an urban context defined by high-rise buildings of up to 30 storeys and established urban infrastructure.
– Development Application
The development application number for this project is A005100760.
Ditch the short term accommodation.
This is a safe quiet area. Not a place for drunken football balcony parties and the trash, noise, violence that comes with it. That is what Caxton st is for.