A development application has been submitted for a masterplan of a four-tower ‘health and business precinct’ located at 12-18 Thompson Street, Bowen Hills.
Proposed by Gansons Pty Ltd, Ganboys Pty Ltd and Ganbros Pty Ltd, the development includes four commercial towers within its masterplan precinct which is situated adjacent to the Inner City Bypass.
Designed by Red Door Architecture, the masterplan includes an 800m2 landscaped green area which is planned to have grass, trees, and multifunctional seating. Additionally, a plaza is also proposed which incorporates an elevated paved area for pedestrian priority road crossing.
Development application plans show a provision for a childcare facility on level 6 of tower 1, a sizable solar farm on the rooftop of Tower 1 and a 266m2 open-air rooftop terrace function space.
Multiple electric vehicle charging car spaces are proposed to be provided in each building and communally accessible for visitors.
- Building Heights: Tower 1 – Maximum 14 storeys, Towers 2, 3 and 4 – Maximum 8 storeys
- Plot Ratio: Maximum 3:1 across the whole of the site
- Setbacks: Ground level setbacks are 0m to all boundaries
- Building Separation: Minimum 12 metres between non-residential buildings, minimum 18 metres between residential buildings
- Public Space: Minimum 800m2 area for public open space
- Connectivity: Public thoroughfare access from Murray Street to Abbotsford Road
- Landscaping: Minimum 30% of site to be landscaped
- Car Parking: Maximum of 1 space per 100m2 of gross floor area across the whole of the site
- Public art: Public art and/or creative lighting to be provided for each building and the public open space.
This precinct is located within the Bowen Hills Priority Development Area which is assessed under Economic Development Queensland (EDQ) and therefore this development application is not a Brisbane City Council assessed scheme.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application number for this project, available to view on EDQ’s Online planning portal is 1177.