A development application has been submitted by the Brisbane Racing Club for a 5 storey commercial office building located at Eagle Farm Racecourse.
The proposed development forms the next stage of the Eagle Farm redevelopment. It seeks to provide a new boutique commercial office development to the east of St Leger Grandstand.
Designed by BVN Architects, the project has been designed to attract tenants that are drawn to the trackside location, amenity of the site and area (with Racecourse Road and the Racecourse Village Shopping Centre in close proximity) and/or the proximity of the site to the Brisbane Airport.
The development includes the proposed refurbishment of the former Manager’s Hut for a new restaurant (café) purposes.
- Advertisement -
According to the development application, the proposed new office building has been designed to respect setbacks to St Leger Grandstand to the west and to maintain views to the Manager’s Hut from the south and north as well as maintaining views to the track from the St Leger Grandstand.
“It also incorporates a terraced façade and the use of face brick within the façade to reference the heritage buildings on the site and to sit comfortably next to Ascot House to the east.” – Urbis, Development Application.
The landscape architect for St Leger is Lat27.
- Defined Land Uses: Office and Restaurant
- Gross Floor Area: Office: 7,670m2, Restaurant: 228m2 (includes 30m2 in the Manager’s Hut). Total: 7,868m2 (includes 30m2 in the Manager’s Hut)
- Total Site Area: 18,400m2
- Building Height: 5 Storeys (RL 41.3)
- Car Parking: 121 basement (including 2 x PWD), 6 x motorcycle parking spaces in the basement, 164 car parking spaces within the existing infield parking area
- Bicycle Spaces: 50 (including 14 visitor bicycle spaces)
- Servicing: 1 x 7m wide B2 crossover located adjacent to the south-east corner of the proposed building, 1 x 4m entry and 4.5m wide exit custom passenger set-down facility located adjacent to the south-west corner of the proposed building, separated by a 6m trafficable zone.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Planning & Development Online is A005495111.