Consolidated Properties has submitted a development application to build a 15 storey commercial office building located at 895 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley.
Designed by John Wardle Architects, the development comprises of 22,219 sqm of gross floor area, three ground floor food and beverage outlets as well as end-of-trip bike facilities also on ground level.
According to the architects, the $250 million commercial tower will have three clear interdependent demands:
- Harnessing the qualities of a subtropical environment
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the precinct
- Providing for the diverse spatial and social requirements of the contemporary workplace.
The podium comprises contemporary ‘campus-style’ office accommodation featuring larger floor plates suited to team-based working. The podium is also connected to the outdoors by landscaped edges and features a continuous external stair enabling interconnected podium floors and opportunities for cascading external landscapes.
According to the development application, the striking podium facade has been designed with varied vertical precast sunshades which aims to feel connected to the ground. While the high-performance glass curtain wall facade in the tower section above is said to echo the podium via a series of horizontal layers.
The proposal combines contiguous open plan office space with a highly articulated podium. These dual characteristics of the proposal combine to create a series of communal spaces that punctuate the typical floor plates and reduce the massing of the overall volume. – John Wardle Architects
An ‘expanded ground floor’ is proposed within the development through visual connections between street level, lower ground level 01. The architects explain that opening and offsetting the floor plates will bring these three layers of activity into the same visual field, creating a vibrant and active front parlour for the tenants that is immediately intelligible upon arrival.
An outdoor terrace level is proposed on top of the podium on level four. According to the application, several ‘building’s that breathe’ design guidelines have been adopted including:
- City rooms – podium level 04
- Excellent access to natural daylight
- Light wells to the lower ground floor
- The social mid-section of the tower is a highly ventilated and protected space
- The outside environment is drawn deep into the building’s interior
- Layered Facade – the podium features deep concrete fins and living greenery
- Elevated gardens at level 04
- High-quality building materials – concrete, glass and steel
- Active transport in the form of end-of-trip facilities
- Natural ventilation to ground and level 04 levels.
- A permeable and expanded ground plane that encompasses three levels.
- Gross Floor Area (GFA) 22,219 sqm
- Site Cover 67.6%
- Site Area 2,526 sqm
- Building Height 15 storeys
- Car Parking Total: 111 car spaces (including 2 PWD spaces), plus 10 motorcycle spaces
- Bicycle parking A proposed end-of-trip facility on Ground Level, via a dedicated access from Ann Street, will accommodate 185 bicycle parking spaces, 264 lockers and 16 showers
Consolidated Properties recently completed 900 Ann Street, an adjacent commercial tower which accommodates Aurizon’s headquarters. The existing site at 895 Ann Street currently houses a three storey commercial building.
The development application number for this project is A005087773.