A development application has been submitted by CIMIC for a 14-storey commercial tower located at 12 Hercules Street and 485 Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton.
Known in the application as Hamilton Harbour KSD-2, the development is the fifth and final portion of the Hamilton Harbour development and has been designed by COX.
According to the application, the location for the development is extremely prominent, occupying the north-facing portion of the precinct and having effectively 3 x street frontages.
“In terms of primary identity, the building has the ability to address the key corner of Northshore Way and KSD as a strong identifying gateway marker signifying the most prominent entry point to the entire North Shore master planned precinct.” – COX
Included in the proposal is three ground floor retail tenancies (two 82m2 tenancies and one 123m2 tenancy).
A rooftop terrace is planned on level 13 which will have a lawn, deep planting, daybeds, outdoor lounges and toilets. A large covered terrace is proposed on level 4 which wraps around the building.
- Site Area: 2,325m²
- GFA: 15,178m² GFA
- Height: 14 storeys / 61.2m
- Lifts: x4 lifts
- Retail: x3 retail tenancies (two 82m2 tenancies and one 123m2 tenancy)
- Communal Space: Rooftop terrace level with
- Car Parking: x170 car parking spaces
- Bike Parking: x78 basement bike parking spaces with end-of-trip facilities
- Developer: CIMIC (formerly Leighton Properties)
- Architect: COX
- Landscape Design: Matthew Higginson Landscape Architecture
- Town Planner: RPS
- Sustainability: Deep planting on rooftop. No rooftop solar PV system proposed.
A provision for building signage is also included in the application.
This development application is within the Northshore Hamilton Priority Development Area and thus is assessed by Economic Development Queensland.
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Economic Development Queensland’s online platform is 1338.