A development application has been proposed by Sarazin for two 20-storey residential-led towers which would be known as ‘Nuage’ located at 6 – 18 Wellington Road, Woolloongabba.
Designed by Hayes Anderson Lynch Architects, the curvilinear designed development comprises of 368 apartments as well as seven ground floor retail tenancies.
The South Tower is a larger tower, consisting of 13 apartments per floorplate, with the North Tower accommodating 10 apartments per tower floorplate.
Above the podium on level 5, a sky terrace is planned which forms the base of the towers and features a dog park as well as garden spaces.
On the ground level, an indoor-outdoor arcade is proposed which leads past the retail tenancies featuring subtropical landscaping.
“Nuage Woolloongabba is an architectural vision of soft elegance, inspired by cloud formations, the delight of Australia subtropical climate, and the fine craftsmanship and rich materiality of Art Deco architecture and design. Nuage, meaning “cloud” in French, perfectly articulates the elegant curved glass tower forms floating above the filigree podium.”
“The dual curved towers feature shimmering metallic accents, a homage to the glamour and exuberance of Art Deco. Art Deco emerged in France in the 1920s and was defined by streamlined geometry broken up by curved ornamental elements and the use of ‘man made’ materials. It is associated with luxury and modernity, a celebration of avant-garde geometric forms and beautifully crafted materials.”
“Nuages takes a modern interpretation of the Art Deco style and unites it with Australian subtropical design, resulting in soft curved forms highlighted by a refined and considered material palette.” – Hayes Anderson Lynch
- Site Area: 4,057m2
- GFA: 26,044.70m2
- Height: 20 storeys + rooftop deck level / ~74.1m to maximum height
- Apartments: x128 one bedroom apartments, x240 two bedroom apartments (x368 apartments total). The South tower consists of 208 apartments, with the North Tower consisting of 160
- Lifts: x3 lifts in the South Tower (lift to apartment ratio of 1:69). x2 lifts in the North Tower (lift-to-apartment ratio of 1:80)
- Retail: x7 retail ground floor tenancies
- Communal Space: Rooftop recreation decks – 1303.45m² (35% of footprint)
- Car Parking: x439 spaces (including x3 non-residential visitor, and x55 residential visitor bays)
- Bike Parking: x368 resident spaces, x92 resident visitor spaces and x47 non-residential visitor (total x507)
- Developer: Sarazin
- Architect: Hayes Anderson Lynch Architects
- Landscape Design: Wild Studio
- Town Planner: Saunders Havill Group
- Sustainability: Stormwater harvesting for irrigation use throughout the project. Subtropical landscaping in planters throughout the towers. There is no proposed rooftop solar system in this development
Both towers feature large communal recreation decks which feature landscaping, Pools, BBQs as well as individualised seating areas.
Lighting is also planned as a feature of the roof terraces, designed to illuminate the towers within the city skyline.
Sarazin are responsible for the development of Silk, a three tower development adjacent to the Gabba stadium.
The subject site currently houses a mix of light industrial buildings with varying heights of one to two storeys.
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005967381.