Known as ‘The Lanes’, Brisbane-based Pradella has launched the final stage of its $1 billion Riverside West End masterplan located adjacent to the recently completed ‘Montague Markets’ development in West End.
Designed by bureau^proberts, the three-tower development features a curved facade with landscaped sky-bridges every second level.
Located on the newly created Tondara Lane, buildings A and B will cover an area of 2,818m2 with a third building, building C, located on the corner of Ferry Road and Tondara Lane will span an area of 1,196m2, with all buildings being 12 storeys high.
The approved development received a design enhancement, replacing the three generally rectangular approved buildings with a more sculpted built form that takes its inspiration from the natural elements of West End.
A public green plaza is proposed along Tondara Lane which will help connect the lane to a newly proposed dog off leash area located next to building B.
An activated ground floor is also proposed with office pods on the ground floor of Building B and a restaurant on the ground floor of Building C both overlooking the lawn area.
A significant rooftop recreation deck will cover the majority of buildings A and B with some rooftop recreation planned for building C. The rooftop would include:
- 200m2 Lagoon pool with infinity edge offering expansive views towards the city
- Poolside lounges, bar and deck areas to create resort style experience
- Barbeques, pizza oven, food preparation facilities and a variety of casual and more formal dining areas to provide many options for different occasions
- Wellness retreat with mineral pool and meditation lawn
- Sunset lounge and open lawn area orientated towards Mt Coot-tha
- Kids waterplay zone to cater for young families
- Table tennis and gym facilities
- Site Area: 6,911m2
- Height: 12 storeys / RL 55.9m (Building A & B), RL 54.4m (Building C).
- Apartments: x324 apartments are proposed across all three buildings. Building A consists of x24 one bedrooms, x79 two bedrooms, x35 three bedrooms (138 total). Building B consists of x8 one bedrooms, x54 two bedrooms, x24 three bedrooms (x86 total). Building C consists of x26 one bedrooms, x59 two bedrooms, x15 three bedrooms (x100 total).
- Lifts: x2 lifts per building
- Retail: x1 retail space in Building C (149m2)
- Communal Space: Rooftop recreation deck on all three towers including bookable home office pods on ground levels of all three buildings.
- Car Parking: x371 resident spaces and x50 visitor spaces
- Bike Parking: x349 spaces
- Developer: Pradella
- Architect: bureau^proberts
- Landscape Design: Lat27
- Town Planner: RPS Group
- Sustainability: Multiple buildings that breathe design features including extensive sky terraces, shade structures, elevated gardens, stormwater harvesting as well as a rooftop PV solar array for common area electricity consumption
bureau^proberts Head of Interior Design, Saskia Ruijs, said that The Lanes features current trends in kitchen design including a distinctive style of rounded edges, archways and curves, elements which have come into prominence significantly in the last few years.
“When creating The Lanes’ kitchens, it was important to stay on-trend while also maintaining a timeless subtlety, which is why we included refined curves, organic-inspired timber hues and stone benchtops, and thoughtful planning that allows for the gentle bouncing of natural light.”
“Inspiration was taken from the natural surrounds of the area, so each kitchen is open, breezy and features glimpses of the outside while also offering essential functional benefits that really make this a thriving hub of each residence, ” Ms Ruijs said.
Pradella Sales and Marketing Director, Lee-Anne Kielar, said that The Lanes offers a prestigious level of contemporary architecture and design rarely seen in Brisbane’s inner-city apartment market complete with accompanying private amenity that is hard to beat.
“Pradella is proud to have been creating sought-after residential projects for the last 60 years and we’re thrilled to be able to continuously evolve to suit the wants and needs of our longstanding clients.”
Future residents can also enjoy a 1,100sqm Rooftop Retreat including a bar with sweeping views of Brisbane’s skyline, a contemporary dining pavilion, wellness retreat with mineral pool and steam room, plus more,” Ms Kielar said.
The Lanes’ first release, Wave Residences, will feature 138 apartments with floorplans showcasing exceptional spatial benefits of up to 230sqm.
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005719997.