A development application has been submitted by Stockwell for a two tower mixed-use development located at 405 Logan Road, Stones Corner.
Known as ‘Stones Corner Village’, the proposal is for two residential towers with 209 residential dwellings, set above a common podium.
Designed by MK Architecture, the Logan Road tower is planned to be 16-storeys high and the Cleveland Street tower would be 14-storeys high, each accommodating rooftop recreation decks.
The podium comprises active frontage retail and dining tenancies to the full frontage to Logan Road, including that the existing supermarket tenancy Aldi is to be reinstated.
- Advertisement -
The podium facade features distinctive brick arches as well as hanging gardens on both the Cleveland Street and Logan Road frontages, however despite council encouraging cross block links for sites like this, the developer has not designed one into the project.
According to the development application, the distinctive façade designs respond to the context by incorporating certain materials that reflect those of other buildings in the locality.
“In particular, the art deco history of Stones Corner has been incorporated into façade texture and perforated aluminium screening within the podium as a motif paying homage to the locality.” – RPS Group
- Site Area: 5,709m2
- GFA: 27,605m2
- Height: 16 Storeys & 14 Storeys / RL 60m & RL 53.80m
- Apartments: x9 one bedroom apartments, x98 two bedroom apartments, x80 three bedroom apartments, x22 four bedroom apartments (x209 apartments total)
- Elevators: x2 each tower. Lift-to-unit ratio of 52.25
- Retail: 1747m2 Aldi supermarket. x3 retail tenancies fronting Cleveland Street with x2 office tenancies being on level 1. x1 office tenancy fronting Logan Road.
- Communal Space: Rooftop pool, dining room and bbq areas on both towers. 5,709m2 of landscaped areas
- Car Parking: x506 spaces + x10 motorcycle
- Bike Parking: x251 spaces
- Developer: Stockwell
- Architect: MK Architecture
- Landscape Design: RPS Group
- Town Planner: RPS Group
- Sustainability: Deep planting throughout, rooftop solar array for communal power usage, electric car charging and efficient air conditioning systems proposed to regulate energy load. Screened facades to reduce heat load, capturing and storage of rainwater to reduce water demand.
- Date Submitted: 15/06/2023
The development is proposed to be constructed in three stages:
- Stage 1: ground level retail, associated car parking at level 1 and basement 01, and back of house functions on the mezzanine level
- Stage 2: the eastern (Logan Road) residential tower, associated car parking at levels 2 and 3, and resident storage cages at mezzanine level
- Stage 3: the western (Cleveland Street) residential tower, and remaining basement car parking.
- Advertisement -
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Planning & Development Online is A006296443.
Receive the latest development news to your inbox by subscribing to BrisbaneDevelopment.com here.