A DA has been submitted by TDD for a 25 storey residential development at 30 Festival Place, Newstead known as ‘Skyring’.
Designed by Sparch Architects, the proposed development includes:
- A total of 263 residential units including a penthouse level on the rooftop;
- 51 – one bedroom apartments
- 211 – two bedroom apartments
- 1 – three bedroom apartment
- 5 retail spaces at ground floor level, with a pedestrian arcade to allow movement between Skyring Terrace and the Gasworks Plaza development, in particular the Gasworks retail arcade;
- Three levels of basement carparking accessed from Festival Place;
- Three levels of above ground parking located at podium levels, with residential units sleeving the facades to Skyring Terrace and Gasworks Lane, and architectural façade treatment to the other (eastern and western) podium facades;
- A pool, gym, bbq and recreation area with landscaping on the podium terrace; and
- Streetscape treatment for the new urban laneway of ‘Gasworks Lane’.
The DA for this development (A003869978).
Interested in a rental in the first instance. Is there any information in this regard?
Not entirely sure how a bridge to Bulimba would help apartments at New Farm other than push car traffic past the front door. I doubt many people buying in New Farm are looking for a quick commute to Murrarie nor is there any substantial shopping in Bulimba.
@#1 100% agree with you. Every major river city in the world has manny bridges for cross river access. Yet I still hear Brisbaners turn their nose up at the idea of spending money on “more useless bridges”. When are we going to become contemporary thinkers?
Nice one, but we (or rather BCC) are going to have to get serious soon
about building more bridges. A bridge (near this building) from Newfarm to Bulimba would not only be useful, it would also make this an even more attractive location for developers