A development application has been submitted for the redevelopment of Newport Marina by Jkindred & DB Pty Ltd located at 156-158 Griffith Road, Newport Marina, Scarborough.
The proposed development consists of a six storey multi-residential tower with mixed-use active retail and commercial on the ground level. The ground level also incorporates the existing marina operating facilities and provides amenities for live-aboard boat owners. Visitor and retail parking will also be provided on the ground level.
According to architects Rothelowman, the marina site location combined with the proximity to new community amenity presents the opportunity to create high-quality residential architecture which is inspired by the locality and positively contributes to the development of the Newport community.
- x23 – two bedroom apartments
- x29 – three bedroom apartments
- x2 – four bedroom apartments
- x54 apartments total
- Site Area: 11,132sqm
- Retail Gross Floor Area: 345sqm
- Marine Use GFA: 55sqm
- Car Parking Total: 111
- Bicycle Spaces Total: 64
- Basement car parking for a total of 85 residential parks. A total of 26 spaces on the Ground floor (16 retail and 10 residential visitor). This is in addition to the existing spaces that have been constructed on the site
- 345sqm commercial tenancy for the purposes of a shop, food and drink outlet or office use
- 55sqm tenancy to accommodate a marina use
- Communal open space for the residential component on Level 1. This includes a pool, sun deck, landscaped space and internal and external recreational areas
- Entry to the site is via the existing two-way entry access from Griffith Road. The existing car spaces on the balance of the site will be retained.
The development will encompass roughly half of the Newport Marina site, with the car parking on the western side of the site remaining.
- Advertisement -
The development application number for this project is 1633247.