TRK Property Group has lodged a development application for a seven storey residential development located at 140 Central Ave, Indooroopilly.
Designed by Rothelowman, the project comprises of 133 dwellings across two seven story buildings as well as a row of terrace houses.
According to the developer TRK Property Group, the apartments and terrace houses are aimed at young families who are keen to move into the area and local residents seeking to downsize and age in place.
Included in the project is a pool, gym, sauna, mineral spa, hot and cold spas, roof-top garden, yoga lawn, informal work from home spaces, outdoor dining areas, covered entertaining areas and a children’s play area, and extensive landscaping throughout the 6,000m2 site.
The proposal provides three communal open space areas, which are interconnective via pedestrian pathways through the site that form a landscape feature rather than simply being a necessity.
All pathways will be provided with lush subtropical landscaping including garden nooks, which encourage residents to enjoy the natural surroundings as they move through the site.
- Site Area: 6,169m2
- Height: 7-storeys / RL 45.4m
- Apartments: x68 two bed apartments, x8 two bed + MPR apartments, x24 three bed apartments, x27 three bed + MPR apartments, x6 three bed terrace homes (x133 dwellings in total)
- Lifts: x2 lifts per building (lift-to-unit ratio is 1:29 for building 1 and 1:34 for building 2)
- Retail: No planned retail
- Communal Space: Extensive 496m2 communal space with large rooftop recreation deck on building 2
- Car Parking: x352 resident car parks, x34 visitor car parks
- Bike Parking: x133 resident bike spaces, x34 visitor bike spaces
- Developer: TRK Property Group
- Architect: Rothelowman
- Landscape Design: RPS Group
- Town Planner: Murray Bell Planning Co
- Sustainability: Rooftop solar array system on building 1 rooftop for communal power load, extensive landscaping and deep planting throughout the development
- Date Submitted: 27/7/2022
The inclusion of six family-sized terrace homes replaces what could have been a third apartment building according to TRK Property Group Managing Director, Arpan Kohli, who said the decision aims to enhance liveability and appeal across the entire site and create increased setbacks and less density on the site than might otherwise have been achieved.
”Our vision for 140 Central Avenue is to deliver an architectural outcome worthy of its premium location that meets the strong demand for high-quality apartment living in the precinct,” Mr Kohli said.
“We’ve assembled an exceptional design and project team, and we’ve put our heart and soul into this project to deliver a unique new offering for the community.”
Rothelowman Principal Duncan Betts said the design of 140 Central Avenue meets Council’s ‘Buildings that Breathe’ guidelines, incorporating high levels of sustainability, landscaping, natural ventilation and resident amenity.
“This project will positively contribute to the evolution of Indooroopilly and the desire for people to have the opportunity to live an ecologically responsible lifestyle that prioritises the environment, health and wellness and a connection for people with place,” said Mr Betts.
The project site, currently operating as ‘Forest Lodge’, is in need of renewal with 34 strata-titled residences presently being used for short-term accommodation.
TRK Property Group amalgamated the site through a series of acquisitions over the past two years.
All parking will be located off-street, with basement car parks and bicycle stores accessed via Sovereign Street.
According to the development team, the DA lodgement follows extensive community engagement in recent months. Subject to Council approval, the residences are expected to be offered to the market in mid to late 2023.
140 Central Avenue is walking distance to Indooroopilly train station and St Peter’s Lutheran College, Brigidine College and Indooroopilly State High School.
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A006068875.