A new three tower residential proposal has been submitted for the old Banyan Tree residential development located at 8 River Terrace, Kangaroo Point.
Proposed by Pikos Group, the development comprises of two 15 storey residential highrises and one 14 storey residential highrise.
The project has been designed by Arkhefield and includes a restaurant, bar and pool deck on the rooftop of building 1. The design also includes a notable glass elevator which would feature city views as it travels up to the rooftop restaurant and bar.
The development application is a departure from the previous Banyan Tree Residences development scheme which was a single tower with a larger floor plate design. The updated scheme by Archefield splits the previously approved building into three separate residential towers, with two of them joined at the rooftop.
A cross block link is also proposed as well as the addition of a courtyard green space between the newly designed highrise buildings.
Additional proposed changes relate to the unit composition, restaurant relocation, reconfiguration of the ground plane, and inclusion of a porte-cochere.
According to the development application, changes which incorporate updates and refinements to the approved development and alterations to the mix of uses to meet current market demands include:
- Internal configuration amendments to incorporate 3 bedroom apartments
- Changes to the ground floor plane and roof top to improve resident usability
- Facade changes to provide for increased design excellence and sub-tropical design
- Minor changes to the basement layout
- Removal of the short-term accommodation use as per the most recent other change, however this was not present in the original approval so thus does not constitute substantially different development.
- Height: The building form is generally consistent with the approved with an overall height of RL71.1, with a minor increase to RL73.3 largely resulting from an increase ground level and roof top floor-toceiling heights. x2 buildings at 15 storeys each, x1 building at 14 storeys.
- Apartment mix: 63 three bedroom apartments
- Parking: 147 car parking spaces in total are provided, increased from 132 previously approved
- The proposal does not significantly alter the approved setbacks of the tower and the changes are considered to be largely contained within the approved building footprint.
- Re-introduction of the arcade through the centre of the site
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Planning & Development Online is A005564915.