A development application has been submitted by Sanchi Development for a 20 unit residential building located at 79 Swann Road, Taringa.
Designed by Cottee Parker, the residential project is six levels high and comprises of the following mix:
- 17 x Two (2) Bedroom Dwellings
- 3 x Three (3) Bedroom Dwellings
The site currently contains an existing house and is not located in the Traditional Building Character Overlay.
- 69 & 73 Swann Road, Taringa (A004441383) – Medium Density Residential Zone (5
- 28 Swann Road, Taringa (A003996561) – Medium Density Residential Zone (5 Storeys)
- 32 Swann Road, Taringa – Medium Density Residential Zone (11 Storeys)
- 70 & 72 Swann Road, Taringa – Medium Density Residential Zone (8 Storeys)
The proposal includes 3 levels of basement car parking, ground floor entry, communal roof top terraces, gym and BBQ facilities.
- Advertisement -
The development application notes that the site falls away from Swann Road allowing the proposed design to provide a building height consistent with adjoining multiple dwellings. Furthermore, the design includes a significantly recessed upper level and treated facade to presents as 5 storeys to the rear property boundary and adjoining dwelling houses.
According to the development application, the project has been driven by a desire to encompass principles of sub-tropical design in order to generate a climatically responsive outcome which offers maximum amenity for residents to enjoy Brisbane’s climate.
A variety of initiatives are being targeted to best address the Brisbane climate. Some of the features considered in the design include:
- Deep balconies and sun shading elements provide rain and solar protection for units while also decreasing solar heat gain on the building fabric
- Balconies extending off internal living and bedroom spaces reinforce the indoor/outdoor connection
- Ceilings are 2.7m high with operable louvres above sliding doors to provide secure natural ventilation
- Rooftop recreational areas provide usable and well connected amenity to residents, and promote the use of outdoor space
The development application number for this project is A004909776.