A development application has been submitted by Sanchi Development for a 20 unit residential building located at 79 Swann Road, Taringa.
Designed by Cottee Parker, the residential project is six levels high and comprises of the following mix:
- 17 x Two (2) Bedroom Dwellings
- 3 x Three (3) Bedroom Dwellings
The site currently contains an existing house and is not located in the Traditional Building Character Overlay.
- 69 & 73 Swann Road, Taringa (A004441383) – Medium Density Residential Zone (5
- 28 Swann Road, Taringa (A003996561) – Medium Density Residential Zone (5 Storeys)
- 32 Swann Road, Taringa – Medium Density Residential Zone (11 Storeys)
- 70 & 72 Swann Road, Taringa – Medium Density Residential Zone (8 Storeys)
The proposal includes 3 levels of basement car parking, ground floor entry, communal roof top terraces, gym and BBQ facilities.
The development application notes that the site falls away from Swann Road allowing the proposed design to provide a building height consistent with adjoining multiple dwellings. Furthermore, the design includes a significantly recessed upper level and treated facade to presents as 5 storeys to the rear property boundary and adjoining dwelling houses.
According to the development application, the project has been driven by a desire to encompass principles of sub-tropical design in order to generate a climatically responsive outcome which offers maximum amenity for residents to enjoy Brisbane’s climate.
A variety of initiatives are being targeted to best address the Brisbane climate. Some of the features considered in the design include:
- Deep balconies and sun shading elements provide rain and solar protection for units while also decreasing solar heat gain on the building fabric
- Balconies extending off internal living and bedroom spaces reinforce the indoor/outdoor connection
- Ceilings are 2.7m high with operable louvres above sliding doors to provide secure natural ventilation
- Rooftop recreational areas provide usable and well connected amenity to residents, and promote the use of outdoor space
The development application number for this project is A004909776.