A development application has been submitted by the CFMEU for a 30 storey Build-to-Rent residential development project located at 19-25 Campbell Street, Bowen Hills.
The project site, which is owned by the Construction Forestry Mining & Energy Industrial Union of Employees Queensland is a large parcel of land that fronts Campbell, Hazelmount and Edgar Streets.
The proposed development is of a tower on podium form with residential uses within tower levels, and retail uses located on ground.
According to architect Nettleton Tribe, the building’s material selection aim to create a distinct identity.
The use of concrete, glass, and bronze metal on the ground level are intended to create a strong base while maintaining a level of transparency with aesthetic details. Concrete, landscaping, bronze perforated sheet metal, and breezeblocks create a singular banded façade language to the podium levels along the three street frontages.
The tower materials incorporates timber and greenery to vertically connect the podium to the rooftop terrace, whereas concrete balconies and edges are used to express the horizontal which also maintain sufficient sun protection to the apartments glazing. – Nettleton Tribe
- Height: 30 storeys / RL 123.4m
- Apartments: x377 apartments total, including:
• x53 studio apartments
• x195 one bedroom apartments
• x104 two bedroom apartments
• x25 three bedroom apartments
- Defined Land Uses: Multiple Dwelling (377 Units), and Shop and Food and Drink Outlet
- Site Area: 3,276m2
- Tower Coverage 1,320m2 or 40% of total site area
- Communal Open Space 1,813m2 across communal areas located on ground level, the podium rooftop, and a split-level rooftop area
- Vehicle access: 1 x driveway crossover to Edgar Street
- Car Parking:
274 spaces total, including:
• 2 dedicated PWD spaces;
• 46 share car spaces;
• 53 dedicated spaces for visitors
- Bike Parking: The proposed development delivers a total of 200 lockable bicycle parking spaces, which exceeds the requirements of the Austroads guidelines for residential units
- The proposed design is capable of achieving a 4 star as-built Green Star rating.
The development includes two recreation levels, a rooftop recreation deck which would accommodate a pool, spa, bbq area as well as lawn and roof terrace.
Approximately half of the podium level is dedicated for resident amenities which includes vegetable gardens, an outdoor gym, bbq areas and a boules court.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Economic Development Queensland’s online portal 1249.