A minor change development application has been submitted by 2 Cordelia Street Pty Ltd for a 30 storey residential tower located at 2 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane.
The majority of the changes to the previous application which was approved in 2017 is involving changing of dwelling mix, an increase in communal space, removal of a lift and facade detail changes.
Designed by Cottee Parker, the new design involves additional planting above ground level, removal of a green wall and replaced with brick with draped plantings as well as ground floor treatments.
Additionally, a new landscaped green roof has been created.
- A decrease in 15 units to 364 dwellings
- A change in dwelling mix:
– A decrease of x56 1-bedroom units
– An increase of x54 2-bedroom units
– A decrease of x9 3-bedroom units
– Removal of the 4-bedroom units
- Removal of Basement Level 4 due to the reduced parking demand
- One lift has been removed meaning there are now 4 lifts to service the site
- Level 4 has been changed from dwellings and communal space mix to dwellings only
- Level 29 has been altered from penthouse apartments to communal space and amenities
- Small facade changes are proposed to update the building look and reflect new floor plates
- Planting along the Cordelia Street façade has increased
According to the development application, the residents common level amenity which was located on level 4 is now proposed to be located on level 29 and roof level, allowing for residents the opportunity to enjoy the expansive city and river views.
“The improvements to the approved communal open space areas are proposed to facilitate a more usable space that caters to the expectations of future residents.” – Cottee Parker.
The dining area, gym and yoga area have been maintained on level 29, however, the reflection pond and function space have been removed from the development. In their place the following are proposed:
- BBQ deck
- Communal kitchen
- Village hall
- Steam/Sauna/Ice bath area
- Co-working area
- Outdoor exercise
- Community garden
The rooftop area has been minimally changed to include a kid’s pool and outdoor lawn.
- Site Area: 2,309m2
- Apartments: x364
- Height: 30 storeys / RL 102.950m
- Car Parking: x433
- Bicycle spaces: x455
- Communal Open Space: 2 levels (29 & 30)
- Lifts: x4
- First landscape plan originally created by Saunders Gavill Group
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005871702.