Mercedes-Benz Brisbane and John Holland have completed the final slab cement pour of the basement at the Mercedes-Benz Brisbane AUTOHAUS site on Breakfast Creek Rd.
The significance of this is that now this part of the build is complete, the AUTOHAUS will start to come out of the ground and take shape and is expected to be open late 2018.
Shane Parkins, Dealer Principal, Mercedes-Benz Brisbane was present as the final slab pour of the basement level of the Mercedes-Benz Brisbane AUTOHAUS was completed.
Mr Parkins, who has worked across the development of the AUTOHAUS since its inception three years ago said, “the final slab pour is an exciting milestone for the project and we are pleased with the progress this year.
The Mercedes-Benz Brisbane Autohaus will represent the largest AUTOHAUS in Australia when it opens and will rival those in Europe. It will feature an automotive sales and service centre, administrative office area, rooftop restaurant and conference room and retail tenancies, it will be a key landmark at the gateway to the lifestyle precincts of Gasworks and James St and Brisbane’s city centre”.
Also present at the final slab pour, Collin Matthews, Executive General Manager, John Holland said, “it’s great to see construction progressing so well at the Mercedes-Benz Brisbane Autohaus site. With concreting for the basement level complete, our attention will turn to the first level, as the building starts to rise out of the ground. We’re proud to be involved in the delivery of this world class facility.”
- A world-class facility, the first of its kind in Australia
- A key landmark at the gateway to the lifestyle precincts of Gasworks and James St and Brisbane’s city centre
- The lifestyle precinct will generate tourism – attracting international, inter and intrastate visitors.
- An integral part of the local area foreshore to the Brisbane River.
- Create a truly subtropical Queensland look and feel for the area and enable all to enjoy this climate.
- Cement Brisbane as a World Class city with its design and multipurpose use facility
- Open seven days a week – 365 days a year (precinct)
- Provide international standard event spaces for public hire and use across the boardwalk area
- Bistro/café aimed at providing an exciting offering for families and visitors alike on the ground level, embracing our sub-tropical lifestyle.
- Rooftop space suitable for event hire to the public or to be used as premium conference space.