A development application has been submitted by Zagame 72 James Street Pty Ltd for a six storey commercial building located at 72-76 James St, Fortitude Valley.
Designed by Cavill Architects, the proposal seeks to retain the corner commercial character building while establishing a new building that incorporates contemporary architectural and sub-tropical design elements.
As part of ground floor activation plans, a new open space is planned to be built within an ‘outdoor city room’ as well as two large new retail spaces on the ground level.
According to the development application, the proposed development has been designed to prioritise pedestrian access with activity focused around James Street.
- Building height: 6 storeys. At the street frontages, the proposal is viewed as four storeys with a maximum of five where level 4 is visible with a roof terrace.
- Ground: 2 retail tenancies to provide active use and entry statement for James St pedestrians
- Roof: A roof terrace providing 245m2 of communal open space for the office tenancies and 91m2 for landscaping.
- Open space: A total of 72% of the site area (1,055m2)
- Carparks: A total of 32 car parking spaces within the basement including x1 PWD, x2 small car and x2 van spaces.
Currently the site is occupied by three standalone houses as well as a corner character building which will be temporarily removed for site development then resorted there after.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Planning & Development Online is A005612396.