Brookfield has submitted a development application for a new dual-tower built-to-rent residential development located at 11 Macarthur Avenue, Hamilton.
Designed by Fender Katsalidis, the proposal will deliver 560 purpose-built apartments and a range of non-residential uses, including a café, shop/dog-grooming salon, sizable co-working space and gymnasium.
According to the development application, whilst they are intended to primarily serve the residents, use is not exclusive to the residents, and broader community use is encouraged.
Situated directly next to Portside Wharf, the proposal involves the construction of two 23-storey towers and represents the first built-to-rent (BTR) project in Northshore Hamilton.
Key to the facade design approach, was to create a distinction between the four tower massing blocks when viewed from a distance. This is achieved by applying different rhythms, articulation and composition of glazing, concrete and screening across the facade of the podium and towers. This is highlighted in the image to the right.
The tower and podium proposed materiality correlate and responds to different uses, and simultaneously creates distinct aspects to all frontages.
Through the use of similar materiality, arranged in distinctively varied facade composition, each built form within the precinct retains a unified identity within a diversity of architectural expression. – Fender Katsalidis
- Site Area: 9,836m2
- GFA: Residential 38,705m2, Amenities 2,455m2 (Total 41,160m2)
- Height: 23 storeys (plus basement and mezzanine) / RL85m
- Apartments: Studio x 51, 1 bedroom x 251, 2 bedroom x 222, 3 bedroom x 36 (x560 apartments total)
- Elevators: x3 each tower. Lift-to-unit ratio of 1:143
- Retail: Food and drink outlet (café), Indoor sport & recreation (gymnasium), Office
(co-working space), Shop (dog grooming), Parking station (car share scheme) –
primarily intended for resident use but not exclusively and as such have been
included as separate land uses for the purposes of the application to avoid any
- Communal Space: 7,056m2 (17% of GFA)
- Car Parking: 436 cars and 65 motorbike spaces
- Bike Parking: 640 spaces – including dedicated bike store at ground level
- Developer: Brookfield
- Architect: Fender Katsalidis
- Landscape Design: Urbis
- Town Planner: Saunders Havill Group
- Sustainability: Targeting a 4 Star Green Star ‘Buildings’ rating, the apartments will target Exceptional Performance in the Green Star ‘Energy Use’ category, designed to achieve an average NatHERS 7 star rating across the development, a minimum NatHERS rating of 5.5 stars in addition to meeting maximum cooling and heating loads stipulated in Qld Development Code MP4.1 Sustainable Buildings. The proposed Build-to-Rent development will incorporate a car share scheme as well as electric vehicle charging facilities. Dedicated solar panel zones on the rooftop to supply common areas with electricity.
- Date Submitted: 18/05/2023
On the podium level, a sizable recreation zone is proposed which includes outdoor pools and spas, seating areas, garden lawns, a sizable 100m2 residents lounge, wellness and spa area, wine library, private dining areas, a dog lawn bbq areas and a games room.
This application is also Brookfield’s first BTR-led development in Brisbane.
Northshore Hamilton is the location for the main athletes village as part of the Brisbane 2032 Olympics.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Economic Development Queensland’s online platform is 1435.
There are no reviews yet.