The Electrical Trades Union Queensland has submitted a development application for a 30-storey residential built-to-rent (BTR) tower located at 37-41 Peel Street, South Brisbane.
Known in the application as ‘The Peel’, the tower is the third major South Brisbane development to follow the BTR model behind Arklife’s Cordelia Street tower, which is now under construction and GreenFort Capital’s 2 Cordelia Street site, awaiting approval.
Designed by Nettletontribe, the tower would feature green landscaping throughout its facade and podium levels.
“The tower incorporates vertical greenery which juxtaposes the concrete and glass materiality. This creates an aesthetic balance which complements and allows the building to fuse with the surrounding urban environment. Notwithstanding the aesthetic contribution of this greenery, the vertical landscaping is one technique which assists with maintaining a comfortable temperature within the building.” – Nettletontribe
A total of 358 apartments are planned with a range of unit configurations including studio, 1 Bed + MPR and 2 Bedroom apartments.
A rooftop communal deck is proposed on level 30 and 32, which would include a pool, barbeques and dining spaces, amenities, an open lawn area, a terrace and lounge space.
The communal areas on these levels are connected with a curved staircase, designed in an architectural style which compliments the interior design of these spaces. The staircase would connect the gym on level 30 with an outdoor kitchen on level 31 and the rooftop pool deck on level 32.
- Site Area: 1,838m2
- Height: 30 Storeys / RL 114.15m
- Apartments: x77 Studio Apartments, x154 One Bed + MPR, x102 Two Bed Apartments, x25 Two Bed Wide Apartments (x358 apartments total).
- Lifts: x4 lifts (lift-to-unit ratio is 1:89.5)
- Retail: No ground floor retail
- Communal Space: Predominantly provided in the upper levels and rooftop of the development and totalling 1,063.5m2 (approximately 77% of the site area)
- Car Parking: x261 Residents, x52 Visitors, x10 Motorbikes (incl x1 visitor)
- Bike Parking: x327 spaces, x31 visitors, (x358 total)
- Developer: Electrical Trades Union Queensland
- Architect: Nettletontribe
- Landscape Architect: AS Design
- Town Planner: Urbis
- BTR Client: New Urban Villages
- Project Management: Dowse Projects
- Sustainability: Deep planter boxes throughout the project. Targeting a minimum 5 Star NatHERs (average per apartment) and minimum 4 Star NatHERs (in any apartment). The building will be fully electric (no gas) with a 80kW Solar Array on roof and carbon offset opportunity in operations to achieve net zero carbon. The project also proposes recycled and harvested rainwater.
The subject site at 37-41 Peel Street currently houses the Electrical Trades Union Queensland offices, who will also become the developer for this BTR residential scheme.
Tell us what you think about this masterplan below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is A005994528.