Aria Property Group have submitted a new DA for a 12 storey residential tower located at 232 Wellington Road, Kangaroo Point.
The development has been designed by Rothelowman Architects and comprises of 125 apartments in the following configuration:
- 22 x 1 bedroom
- 11 x 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- 92 x 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom
The new DA is an update to a previously approved 10 storey development by Aria.
Aria have several other active and pipeline projects in the Brisbane market.
- 171 Edward Street, Brisbane CBD
- St Julian Residences, South Brisbane
- The Melbourne Residences, South Brisbane
- Oxley and Stirling, South Brisbane
- Lexington, Woolloongabba
- Ivy Terrace, Woolloongabba
- Eden Lane, Woolloongabba
- The Drapery, Woolloongabba
- Akira, Woolloongabba
According to the development application, the 232 Wellington Road project seeks to deliver desired objectives of inner-suburban apartment living as follows:
- The completed project will leave a compelling and long lasting legacy for the area setting a benchmark for architectural quality and urban design outcomes;
- The development will acknowledge the desired character for Kangaroo Point and the need to provide quality higher density living options within close proximity of major urban centres.
- The project will offer an architectural vision that can be appreciated from the immediate context and surrounding suburbs.
- The site aims to provide strong linkages with existing and planned infrastructure, parklands and amenities.
- The proposal will enhance and activate the street frontages and pedestrian linkages to create a pedestrian friendly residential address.
- The proposal will improve the shared green amenity to the street by enhancing the existing vegetation through the introduction of terraced planting, additional mature trees and a highly landscaped ground plane.
RPS have undertaken landscape design works on the project which feature a rooftop pool, kitchen and bar, bbq area as well as gardens and vegetation.
The DA number of this development is A004401787.
i’ll add Oxley and Stirling,the Drapery and Akira to Aria’s current project in Brisbane +Breeze in Mooloolaba