Brookfield has submitted a development application for a 17 storey residential tower known as Portside East building 17 located at Macarthur Avenue, Northshore Hamilton.
Designed by Cottee Parker, the proposed development comprises of 151 one-bed to four-bed residential apartments.
The building would also have eight ground-floor retail tenancies, podium landscaping, and a rooftop recreational deck comprising of a pool, bbq and kitchen area as well as a private bookable dining room.
According to the development application, building 17 aims to complement and help shape the larger masterplan vision of the 304-hectare Northshore Hamilton precinct.
- Advertisement -
The Architectural Vision for Building 17: Conveys a distinct architectural language driven by strong horizontal banding, fluid curving forms and layering of texture and materials. The use of inboard balconies creates natural indentations in the length of the facade, provides articulation and breaks down the bulk and scale of the building.
The layering of vertical feature elements creates an expressive design response that connects the tower to the podium and ground. – Development application
- 50 x 1 bedroom apartments
- 73 x 2 bedroom apartments
- 25 x 3 bedroom apartments
- 3 x 4 bedroom apartments
- A total of 151 apartments
- Single basement level
- Ground-level retail which includes 8 tenancies ranging from 52sqm to 101sqm
- Active frontages along the Brisbane River, Civic Park and northern elevations
- 4 storey podium, sleeved by units at its south elevation and it’s north-east and south-east corners;
- A 14 storey tower comprising a mix of 1- 4 bedroom units of varying sizes and configurations;
- Common and recreational facilities at lower and upper recreation decks. \
- Car parking is provided on-site for the residential component, with car parking for the non-residential component accommodated within the approved Building 18 basement.
- 230 onsite car spaces
Brookfield’s recent Portside project Gallery House, 16a and 16b has recently completed.
The development application for this project, available to view on Economic Development Queensland’s Planning & Development portal is 1129.