A development application has been submitted for a dual-tower residential-led development by Dubai Group Pty Ltd located at 193-195 Lutwyche Rd, Windsor.
Rising 13-storeys high, the development has been designed by Ellivo Architects and would accommodate 212 apartments across two buildings.
There is also a two level retail space for a luxury car showroom on the ground and first floor facing Lutwyche Road.
According to the development application, the two towers share a connection at podium level amongst a dense and high-quality landscape “demonstrating a clear separation between the two towers”.
- Advertisement -
The development is an elegant form of architecture promoting sustainability and providing for and delivering much needed housing supply through and appropriate product mix and layout in an inner-city location.
The proposed development has been designed to provide two elevated and engaging tower forms which sits above the highly landscaped and interactive podium form. The design of the two towers represents a balance between gentle curves and significant articulation resulting in two elegant, connected tower forms.Place Design Group
Building 1 will feature a full floor rooftop recreation deck including a pool, spa, garden lounge, bbq area and indoor dining area.
The roof terrace would function as the primary recreation and gathering area for both buildings, accommodating multiple spaces for different groups and recreation needs. Activities include swimming, gathering, relaxing, barbecuing and entertaining.
- Site Area: 3,636.25m2
- GFA: 19,897m2
- Building 1 – 13 storeys / RL 61.8m
- Building 2 – 13 storeys RL 50.1m
- Apartments: x212 total
- Building 1 – x100 one bedroom apartments, x40 two bedroom apartments (x140 total)
- Building 2 – x18 one bedroom apartments, x45 two bedroom apartments, x9 three bedroom apartments (x72 total)
- Elevators: x2 elevators each for building 1 &2. Lift-to-unit ratio of 1:
- Retail: Two level car showroom (1,310.2m2 in size)
- Communal Space: Building 1 will feature a full floor recreation deck including a pool, spa, garden lounge, bbq area and indoor dining area.
- Car Parking: 281 resident car parking spaces with 45 visitor spaces
- Bike Parking: 212 resident spaces with 53 visitor spaces
- Developer: Dubai Group Pty Ltd
- Architect: Ellivo
- Landscape Design: James Birrell Design Lab
- Town Planner: Place Design Group
- Sustainability: Deep planting throughout. Solar panels are planned on the rooftop to assist in managing energy requirements and operational costs. Water harvested from rooftops, open spaces and air conditioning systems can be stored in tanks for use in toilets and irrigation throughout landscaping. A recycling shoot or recycling shoot diverter is not provided in this proposal but necessary so residents don’t have to walk down to the basement to throw away recycling.
- Date Submitted: 27/07/2023
This new application supersedes a previously approved development application on the site for a 12-storey senior living retirement development. The new application sits roughly within the envelope of the existing approved application.
- Advertisement -
The site currently operates as a used vehicle sales showroom at 193 & 195 Lutwyche Road and operates as a warehouse for an online clothing store, with a small retail shop at the front at 10 Lyons Street.
Development application link
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is: