Financial services giant Suncorp Group has announced that it has chosen Mirvac’s 80 Ann Street commercial proposal as its new headquarters.
The fierce competition to win Suncorp came down to two bids, with rival Investa/Charter Hall losing out to Mirvac with its 360 Queen Street proposal.
Suncorp will lease 39,600 sqm of premium grade commercial space over a ten-year lease and consolidate operations into the new building.
Hoarding is currently being erected around 80 Ann Street with demolition of the existing commercial building at 80 Ann Street imminent.
- Advertisement -
Completion of the new Suncorp headquarters is scheduled for completion in 2022, in time for Suncorp’s current lease expiry at Brisbane Square.
Designed by Woods Bagot, 80 Ann Street, which is now approved by council spans one whole city block and plans to connect Turbot and Ann Streets via new cross block linkages.
Suncorp’s chief executive Michael Cameron told the Courier Mail “The new workplace will reflect Suncorp’s Queensland heritage, with a design that is focused on our people and their experience, as well as engaging our customers and the community.”
“It will provide the flexibility we require for our future workforce and is an opportunity to bring our teams in Brisbane together into one location, creating efficiencies as we have done in Sydney, Auckland and Melbourne,” he said.
- Advertisement -
- 75,339 sqm of commercial office space
- 1,098 sqm of retail space at the Turbot Street level, Ann Street level and Level 1
- 124 car spaces, including four motorcycle spaces
- 4,856 sqm (88% of the site area) of outdoor space at ground level and within the podium and tower
- End of trip facility at Turbot Street level and Level 1, including 514 bike spaces, 58 showers, bike washing area and 1164 lockers
- Retention of the masonry heritage building on Turbot Street, in accordance with the
existing demolition approval over the site
- Permeable and active podium form, including landscaped terraces, public plaza at level
1, retail spaces and co-working / multi-mode spaces
- Substantial public space at ground level, including new activated pedestrian connections
between Ann Street and Turbot Street and substantial atrium and plaza space on Ann
- Vehicle access and arrival area off Turbot Street
- Commercial office tower which includes three-storey atriums and interconnecting floors,
breathing floors and a function facility
The development application number for this project is A004855926.