Aria Property Group has submitted a development application for the redevelopment of Ulster Lane, a private laneway that is part of Aria’s 171 Edward Street property in the CBD.
Designed by Cameron & Co architects, the redevelopment plans to invigorate Ulster Lane by decommissioning the current use of the lane as a servicing and car parking area and establish new retail, dining and entertainment tenancies along the laneway.
The proposal involves the following key components:
- Establishment of a bar/restaurant tenancy at the rear of Ulster Lane
- Creation of a new café tenancy on Ground Floor that features an active facade and service aperture to Ulster Lane
- Internal building reconfiguration to provide a new retail/commercial tenancy on Level 1
- Delivery of general laneway improvements such as paving, lighting, landscaping, and seating.
- Addition of semi-external stairs and landing area alongside the subject building
- Addition of a new lift to the premises
- New gates at two locations in the laneway to improve safety and security outcomes.
According to the application, the development will transform a substantially underutilised area of the Brisbane CBD in line with the city’s drive to revitalise laneways, converting these spaces into high quality and activated public areas.
In particular, the development advances the outcomes of the City Centre Neighbourhood Plan and Council’s overall intent for the area in establishing a destination precinct which complements the existing high-end retail offerings along Edward Street and the established retail, residential and entertainment offerings in the broader area.
The development also involves an internal reconfiguration of Level 1 to provide a new commercial/retail tenancy. The final use of this tenancy is currently unknown, and therefore a number of uses including Bar, Hotel, Shop, Office and Food and Drink Outlet have been included in the application to give flexibility to the ultimate tenant. The tenancy comprises a total floor area of 211sqm.
A food venue container and second mezzanine level are proposed at the back of Ulster Lane.
The subject site which is owned by Aria Property Group currently has an approved development application for an 82-storey Rothelowman designed residential tower development.
The development application number for this project is A005141046.
There are no reviews yet.