Billbergia and AMP Capital have submitted a redesign to its previous proposal 111+222.
The new DA gives the developers an option to change the use of the secondary 41 level tower from office to hotel, however the original office proposal still stands if the developer is able to secure a pre-commitment for the office component.
Sources say AMP Capital and Billbergia are now focused on launching the long-planned 90-storey apartment tower later this year in order to capitalise on Brisbane’s booming unit market.
The tower’s height remains unchanged at 274 metres high (90 levels), which will become Australia’s third tallest tower behind Q1 and Eureka Tower.
- Advertisement -
Summary of changes to the DA:
- Removal of office tower to be replaced by 41 level hotel tower
- Five star hotel to consist of 300 rooms down from 350 rooms
- The taller 90 level tower will now consist of 1100 apartments, up from 850
- Changes to podium and street level
- Three residential recreation decks with pools
The DA number for this development is A003364851.