A development application has been submitted by Hines (Aus) Investment Services for the refurbishment of a prominent podium at 260 Queen Street.
The site is well known within the Brisbane’s Central Business District (CBD) and features an existing multilevel office building of which the current principal tenant, Westpac, has naming rights.
The ground level comprises a mix of retail and commercial office uses, including Langford’s jewellers and a retail shopfront for Westpac bank. The site has an area of approximately 1,385sqm and includes land adjoining the Rowes Lane road reserve.
This development approval is not the underlying approval for the existing development, which was constructed in the 1970’s.
The updated proposal involves the retention of the existing tower and an upgrade to the podium levels. Approval was also previously granted for the following:
- A podium upgrade that will include a new layout and changes to facade
- Changes to the internal fit-out and expansion over the external space between the podium structures
- An active facade with increased glazing
- New canopies on Queen Street and Post Office Square to the entrance of the facilities
- A new main entrance from Post Office Square and the opening up of the corner facade adjacent to the corner.
The new application involves a minor floor plate configuration to extend out the corner retail as well as an outdoor podium-top terrace garden.
The development application number for this project is A005017914. CORRECTION: A previous version stated 360 Queen Street, the correct address is 260 Queen Street.