An updated development scheme for a 24 storey commercial tower has been proposed by Eagle Terrace Pty Ltd for 19 Eagle Terrace, Brisbane City.
The new DA follows a previous residential development proposal known as ‘Bridges’, a 16 storey 132 apartment building which was not successful in the market.
The updated commercial scheme has been designed by nra-co-lab and has a GFA of 21,604sqm which includes 281sqm of food and drink outlet.
According to the development application, the proposed development aims to be an “iconic development at a prominent entry point to the Brisbane CBD”.
- Advertisement -
“The proposed commercial building will drive significant day time activation within this part of the City which is currently lacking within the Quay Street Precinct. The building has been designed to attract a major corporate or government tenant.”
- 24 storeys in height
- GFA – 21,604sqm (21,323sqm Office and 281sqm Food and Drink Outlet)
- Access along Quay Street via existing crossover
- 150 bicycle spaces
- 107 car parking spaces
- 9 motorcycle spaces
- Landscape and outdoor space – 867sqm, comprising 55% of the site area
A cafe and restaurant are proposed on Level 3 Eagle Terrace to provide food choice as well as activate the street.
The Restaurant is proposed to be 220sqm GFA and the Café 61sqm GFA. Both internal and external (outdoor) dining space will be provided.
The larger restaurant tenancy has been designed and located to take advantage of the prominent views in both directions along the Brisbane River.
The building will feature a 388sqm subtropical ‘Riverview Lounge’ rooftop terrace which will provide the future tenants with flexible meeting spaces.
- Advertisement -
The design also incorporates a central terraced amphitheatre, small seating nooks and terraced lawn space with open views to the Brisbane River.
“Together, the spaces offer unprecedented commercial amenity that broadens the tenants working environment.” – Development application
Ecologically Sustainable Design (ESD) Attributes
- Local Authority and Regulatory Compliances
- Green Star Design – 5 Sar Green Star Design rating (minimum sixty-five (65) points under the Green Star scheme)
- NABERS – 5.5 Star under National Australian Built Environment Rating Scheme Energy (Base Building Energy), 3.5 Star under National Australian Built Environment Rating Scheme Water
- Green House Gas Emission Targets
- Water Performance Targets
- Waste Targets
- Indoor Environment Quality Targets
- National Construction Code (NCC) Section J
- Facade ESD Performance Requirement.
The development application number for this project is A005247188.